PDA

View Full Version : Kohler 23 engine problem

Dfrenzy
04-15-2007, 04:39 PM
I have a Kohler 23 vert that wants to blow black smoke under load. I have changed the air filter, fuel filter, and plugs. But it still sounds like it's running half choked when i kick my blades on. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

barnard
04-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Maybe it is running half choked. Ha ve you visually checked the choke position?

Dfrenzy
04-15-2007, 05:43 PM
I have checked that and the choke is fully open.

stickM
08-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Mine is running rough and puffing black smoke too. The symtoms are the same as leaving the choke on. Were you able to figure out your problem?

65t
08-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Be sure the choke is COMPLETLY off. The Keihin BCH carb used on the CV23 is very sensitive the the choke being partialy on, especially if it has an accelerator pump. Or your accelerator pump diaphram has a hole in it and needs a to be replaced. Engine spec and serial number would be helpful.

VegetiveSteam
08-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Be sure the choke is COMPLETLY off. The Keihin BCH carb used on the CV23 is very sensitive the the choke being partialy on, especially if it has an accelerator pump. Or your accelerator pump diaphram has a hole in it and needs a to be replaced. Engine spec and serial number would be helpful.

Excellent point. If it does have an accelerator pump on the carb pinch off one of the vacuum lines going to it. If you engine smooths out then you need to replace the diaphram.