PDA

View Full Version : Plant sofware?

nlminc
04-15-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm thinking about purchasing a software data base to use along with my Proscapes software. I know some members use Horticopia, but I was wondering if the cd set by Michael Dirr is worth the shot. It's considerably less money and has a ton of images.

If you were to buy the Horticopia package, what is the main difference between the XE and SE when it comes to sales?

Thanks

zedosix
04-15-2007, 06:35 PM
http://www.dynascape.com/

PaperCutter
04-15-2007, 06:47 PM
The only Michael Dirr CD I have is the one for hydrangeas. There are great photos, but I've never used it for presentations like I do with Horticopia.

Dreams To Designs
04-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Horticopia will be an invaluable tool for information and presentation. The Dirr CD's contain great information and photos, but does not have the presentation capabilities or broad coverage that Horticopia has. The XE version contains much more information as well as adding the available needed portfolios. A new version, update or internet access is reportedly in the works, as the the proliferation of new plants has been huge lately.

Kirk

nlminc
04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks. I ordered the EX version today. I'm looking forward to using this one!

Dreams To Designs
04-16-2007, 06:45 PM
You should enjoy your purchase. If you have any questions, please ask.

Kirk

PaperCutter
04-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Same goes for me- the program is really straightforward, but give me a yell if you need to.

Dave

nlminc
04-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks Kirk and Dave. I'm pretty sure I'll have no problem navigating the sofware, but your offers to help are much appreciated! I'll let you know what I think of the program after I give it a run.