PDA

View Full Version : mCculloch FR2.0

Buckshot06
04-15-2007, 06:14 PM
I inherited a Mac chainsaw. FR2.0 - it runs, wide open. If you let off the gas at all it dies. I took the carb out of it, didn't find any major debris or anything questionable. I put it all back together brought the H and L needles about 4 turns out. I got it goin and adjusted the high till it sounded like it was doin okay. The low needle wont change the saws performance, even with it closed all the way up.

What do you guys think? Weak pump/diaphram?

Fuel filter is new - plug is good.

Thanks in advance.

Buck

Buckshot06
04-18-2007, 09:46 PM
No ideas anyone?

bob91343
08-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Did you ever get that chain saw working? I have one and the little rubber bulb you press to prime it has torn away. How do I get another, or fix this?

Not very good with tiny gasoline engines.

echoman8
08-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi,

About the bulb?

Below is a copy of a post a few days ago.

PURGE BULB DISABLE

I have had problems with the "so called" primer bulb on echos and other small 2 cycle engines.

The bulb does not prime the carb, it just loads it with fuel if it is empty. To do this, it has 2 rubber valves (duckbill valves). With age they quit working.

I remove the bulb, cut a piece of plastic (freezer bag), place between the bulb and carburetor housing, then put the bulb (and metal plate) on.

This disables the primer(actually purge pump) and you will have to depend on the choke to start (cold start only) just like it was in 1990 and before.

The duckbill valves allow air to enter the carb irratically (when bad).

de

echoman8
08-08-2008, 09:02 PM
You may have had great success with Macs, but some of us old mechs take a time out when it comes to them.

Phil G
08-09-2008, 01:18 AM
You may have had great success with Macs, but some of us old mechs take a time out when it comes to them.

I thought I was the only one who did that :drinkup:
atb Phil