PDA

View Full Version : design software

JLIND2100
04-16-2007, 11:49 PM
hey guys I'm looking for a good design software that around 100 or less. i wish i was able to afford one of the major ones out there like pro landscape but i don't have the money at this point but i was just wounder what other softwares you guys have used or are still using and how would you rate it.

STRINGALATION
04-17-2007, 10:26 PM
hello there look through my post and you will see my pics of my program 65.00 wal-mart

Dreams To Designs
04-18-2007, 11:49 AM
For that price, stick to paper and pencil, it will look better. If you are trying to create plans for beds or borders, graph paper or vellum will be quicker and easier. If it is a complete landscape design you are creating and you are not comfortable with your drafting, find someone that can do it with you.

None of these programs will help you design, but can make up for a lack of drafting skill or practice. They will assist you in presentation with minor plant information, well drawn plans and 3D imaging. Your design skills will be amplified, so beware of that.

If it's 3D imaging your after, maybe you could find someone with Pro Landscape to create the images for you with your photos and direction. The cheaper programs look like they are. Even the "professional" software has issues with plant images. The key to imaging is getting the client to understand the concept you are creating. No image will look like the finished job, but the client will be able to "see" the design you have created, before the plants are purchased & installed.

Kirk

PaperCutter
04-18-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm apt to agree with Kirk. Best money you could spend is on Grant Reid's "Landscape Graphics" book- less than twenty bucks on Amazon.

Dave

chunkitron3030
04-18-2007, 09:19 PM
i just "obtained" a copy of google sketchup pro 6 from the internet.... anyways, there is a extra little program that comes with it that is AMAZING. it is called google "layout" it is a very easy to use program once you learn the little shortcuts. i like to use it for a basic layout, then throw it on some paper and draw it by hand and color it all in, it looks great when finished.

PaperCutter
04-18-2007, 09:45 PM
"obtained"?

chunkitron3030
04-19-2007, 12:27 PM
torrents from the internet:usflag:

STRINGALATION
04-19-2007, 11:02 PM
for the record what looks good to a pro and what looks good to a customer vary greatly

PaperCutter
04-20-2007, 09:04 AM
for the record, what looks good to a pro will look amazing to a customer. More importantly, if it looks good to a pro then it'll look just as good as, or better than, what your competitor has given the homeowner.