PDA

View Full Version : walk behind blower

mdb landscaping
08-01-2001, 09:52 PM
im starting to already think about fall even though its a while away. i need a new walk behind blower. i usually go right out and get a giant vac, but the new billy goat got my attention. does anyone have the new direct thrust quiet blow billygoat and how do you like it? i sent away for the video and i was impressed. i also saw a whisper jet githe honda 9 hp motor for good price. i want to stay at or above 8 hp. how do you feel about billy goat vs. giant vac?

Evan528
08-01-2001, 10:30 PM
Little wander is the only way to go in terms of a push blower! I have one with a 8hp engine and it will blow a house down! Little wanders have the biggest fan of any brand wich equates to hihgest output! try one!

lawnboy82
08-01-2001, 10:43 PM
if you are going to go with a blower, go with a 9hp honda, or a 13hp honda on the new Little Wonder body. they really cant be beat. another very popular blower for most people is the Fradan. i have one of them and am very happy. if you do go that route though, most guys like the 14 briggs vanguard engine. i hear that they blow at the same level as the 9hp honda on the Little Wonder. again, used em both, happy with both.

Richard Martin
08-02-2001, 12:39 AM
Too bad you don't have a Walker mower. They have a blower that will move a brick over 100 feet.

EJK2352
08-02-2001, 02:07 AM
mdb,
I have to agree w/ the guys on the Little Wonder push blowers. I have an 11 hp. High Output I bought 3-4 yrs. ago. This is one of the strongest blowers I've ever used. Do yourself a favor and demo a 9 or 13 hp Honda powered Little Wonder before you buy anything!! :) ED

LAWNGODFATHER
08-02-2001, 02:13 AM
this might sound funny

my Red Max EB7000's kept up with my Little Wonder 9hp Honda

and now it sits in shop collecting dust

LGF:blob1:

kutnkru
08-02-2001, 07:39 AM
I agree that a 9hp or higher would be far more beneficial for your new unit too.

Heres something to consider. Make sure that your unit has pneumatic tires. There are many models out there that have a solid rubber narrow mower tire, or a plastic caster.

These types will dig into the turf when wet, or just make pushing the unit less than desireable.

I prefer the LW personally over GV or BG.

Good Luck in your decision.
Kris

mdb landscaping
08-02-2001, 01:17 PM
thanks for the replies. i will definately give little wonder a chance to prove its better than the giant vac. ill try em both.

Guido
08-02-2001, 02:44 PM
I always leaned for the Giant Vac, but probobly for different reasons.

1. I had a connection at the factory and was only a bit over an hour away. I always got GREAT deals on demo's, but most people that went to the factory did also. They will also design and build a custom mount for your leaf box, etc. Very good service and very personal customer/factory relationship

2. You're not paying for fancy options or more importantly a name. The machine is simple, but effective.

3. I know its going to get beat to hell and it CAN take a good beating.

Like I said, those were my reasons, and I never had a reason to demo any other units. I'll be honest and say my opinion on their machines is very biased! :)

Hope this helps