PDA

View Full Version : Making it a real business

gravtyklz
04-17-2007, 03:52 PM
I have a question for those of you who are in this pretty deep.

A real business generates income even when the owner isnt there at work. Self employment is a little different obviously.

I want to build a Lawn Care busines into something that eventually wont require me doing all the work.

How many of you have done that? How many of you are trying and having big problems with it?

Thanks a lot.

bohiaa
04-17-2007, 04:29 PM
I dont kno if ya ever reach that point....

seems I spend a lot of my time doing the book work, buying stuff, and talking to customers. but I'm small.... I want to reach the point where I can just go mow. simply because I enjoy it.

gravtyklz
04-17-2007, 04:34 PM
I dont kno if ya ever reach that point....

seems I spend a lot of my time doing the book work, buying stuff, and talking to customers. but I'm small.... I want to reach the point where I can just go mow. simply because I enjoy it.

Do you have people mowing for you right now? Or do you take care of that too?

sheshovel
04-17-2007, 04:40 PM
I have a question for those of you who are in this pretty deep.

A real business generates income even when the owner isnt there at work. Self employment is a little different obviously.

I want to build a Lawn Care busines into something that eventually wont require me doing all the work.

How many of you have done that? How many of you are trying and having big problems with it?

Thanks a lot.

I disagree with your statement about a "real business". Believe me business owners work harder than anyone else. It can be done but you might concentrate on doing all the work until you can get enough business to
afford to hire employees, keep them and equip them.

gravtyklz
04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
I understand why you disagree, I figured most would! I personally see things as a business or as a self-employment sort of thing, but thats my own point of view, hardly anything I want to argue about.

We dont see it too often, but many businesses are able to carry on past its owners death even. I definitely understand that the guy in charge works the most. Thats why hes valuable and deserves more later.

In any case many companies figure this out. I was just wondering if anyone here has yet? If so i'de like to know how you did it, or are doing it.