PDA

View Full Version : How small is a small lawn niche?

Schlepie
08-01-2001, 11:50 PM
I'm a solo and do several properties side by side. In my city, unless you hit a new subdv. , you have to wait a while to get a bunch together. Most established areas already have guys that have been around for a while. As a kind of reply to a recent post, how many sq. ft. of grass space is there, to be able to do 5 lawns, mow trim and clean up, in an hour? I think the post was from Mo Money, sorry if I got the wrong LCO.

Premo Services
08-02-2001, 09:26 AM
I do not do fertilizing on the lawns, so all I do is cut and have not measured them. They are small, Three are next to each other and take 20 min. to do, 1 takes 10 min.,the last takes 15 min.The last 2 are not far apart.. As I said these are upscale condos, and the property manager approached me, and told me what the person that was doing them was getting. I looked at the props. and agreed to do them for what he was doing them for. In the 5 years I have raised the prices on them to where they are worth doing with the travel time. I also do the weeding, trimming bushes, but that is done every 2 weeks and is billed at a hourly rate.The property owners want them perfect, and I deliver this for them, and they pay me. The other company was charging for weeding,trimming of the landscape areas, but wasn`t doing his job. I am talking with the neighboring properties now to get some more in the area.I guess what I was saying was, that you decide what equiptment you can afford, and then go for that type of account.You still have to put flyers,get referrals, to aquire the larger ones also, but there is a big difference in the price of equiptment that you would be using.

Mike Paulsen
08-02-2001, 09:46 AM
When you get down to small yards some times it take as long as a mid size yard. You can do 4-5 2000sq in an hour (one guy).That is to mow trim and blow.

Schlepie
08-03-2001, 02:33 PM
Hey sounds good to me. thanks