PDA

View Full Version : Tampa area

underH2Ovideography
04-17-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm planning on starting a landscaping business in the tampa bay area. obviously i have a ton of questions, but i can read past forums to answer most of them. i would like to know what i need to do in order to run a legitimate business in the tampa area. i would also like to know what you guys think a good tool setup is for a low-dollar beginner with about 1k to spend on equipment, advertising, insurance, etc. i've tried to find a thread on the forum to no avail. any other pointers would be GREATLY appreciated...and i mean ANY.

1MajorTom
04-17-2007, 06:01 PM
1K is just not enough to get started, sorry to be a downer, but that's just the facts.
When you say landscaping business, do you mean lawn service such as mowing, etc. Mowing is not landscaping. Either way, 1K won't buy you a whole lot of anything.

underH2Ovideography
04-17-2007, 06:26 PM
I Plan On Starting With "lawn Maintenance" And Move On From There. 1k Isnt Enough? I Figured I Could Get A Decent Push Mower, Some Hand Tools, A Weed Eater, And A Hand Leaf Blower. I've Already Got A Truck And A 4 By 8 Trailer. It Wouldnt Be Anything Super Special, But I Thought I Could Get It Started With That...

1MajorTom
04-17-2007, 06:28 PM
throw in insurance and advertising, just with those 2 things, you'll be over budget.
If you are going to rely one one trimmer and one blower, I suggest getting a decent commercial grade. We use Stihl, always have, and always been happy with it.

underH2Ovideography
04-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I've Got 2k, And Was Planning On Saving The Other Thousand As A "cushon" So To Speak. Speaking Of Equipment, I Have A Stihl 440 Chainsaw That Is Phenominal. I've Never Had Any Problems With It. But When I Talked To My Current Boss About Stihl Weed Eaters And Blowers, He Said I'd Be Better Off With Husky...something About Too Many Problems With Them. What Do You Think? I've Got Good Business Plans, And Plan On Putting 35% Of All "profit" Back Into The Business Until I Get On My Feet.