PDA

View Full Version : For all you DC fans.

JLC
08-01-2001, 11:28 PM
The DC webpage has been updated with their new offerings. Check out the flexdeck and 26 kohler efi option. Eric, I didn't see the 26 horse diesel in their brochure from the expo. Did they drop this mower? It is still shown on the website.

Eric ELM
08-02-2001, 12:23 AM
The Flex Deck is nice. Yes, they still make the 26 diesel, but only in 60". No more XWWD2600 will be made, only in the 50 HP.

Richard Martin
08-02-2001, 12:27 AM
There are a few changes to the gas powered Dixies. The Turbonator is gone and replaced with a Donaldson precleaner. The large engine oil cooler is gone and not replaced with anything. The framing around the engine is changed also.

Of particular note in the mower specs is Dixie's hydro oil. They do not say that VTC is the oil to use. Instead they call for Schaffer's 15w40 parasynthetic oil.

Also I think that $1500 for the tag-along 18" mower is kinda steep.

gorrell
08-02-2001, 09:32 AM
I talked to one of the main "DC Dudes" at the expo and said that I'd not seen the suburb'n turb'n in their new brochure and asked if they were dropping the machine. He said they considered it but he was the man that saved it, and that the new production would be the XXW4300's which means twin 23 hp kohlers. My palms are already getting sweaty thinking about one............Lynn

TLS
08-02-2001, 10:20 AM
The Flex-Deck looks like the biggest gimmick since their Mulch-a-Vac. I'm sure it works, just like the Mulch-a-Vac works, but it looks like Cooter designed it after riding shotgun in the General Lee on a moonshine run. I don't mean to bash DC, but they have, IMO, much more work to do on the overall design/function of the LAWNMOWER, not add-on gimmicks. All these gimmicks aren't going to make me go BACK to DC when my Lazer wears out (+-5yrs). They need a total ground-up product restructuring/engineering effort. All of the NEW features are great however! A step in the right direction. I like the idea of the 7 gal gas tanks. Lower seat height. Mowing height indicator. Flip up foot platform. Longer hand grips, all things that should have been there all along, but I commend them, as its a start in the right direction!

One thing I did notice on the Accessories page was all the different blade choices. Hardened face, offset blades (may be good to make doubles?). Has anyone used or have seen these new blades? I may be interested in the hardened face ones for my Lazer.

AltaLawnCare
08-02-2001, 01:45 PM
The new site is much improved, That was a very nice testimonial Eric, I knew it was only a matter of time before ELM was on that Chopper site.:cool:

Wonder if that flex deck fits all the DCs. And:..
Where does it discharge,
How does it affect stripes,
How does it affect blade speed and power.

Since no competitors can make it I guess the price will never come down.:confused:

gorrell
08-02-2001, 03:02 PM
Billy, I can answer a couple of your questions. The flex deck is a rear discharge unit and at this time only is compatible with the 60" deck. As far as striping, we can only guess at this point, but I don't see why it wouldn't do a good job. It would have to rob some horsepower if one was mowing in high grass, but all you have to do is simply fold it up and remove the drive belt which takes about 20 seconds. I'll have one by next year you can bet on that, maybe three of them if they will fit the 72" deck........Lynn

JOshua Gallerick
08-02-2001, 08:40 PM
we got two flex deks. We use them on are 455 john deeres and the dixie chopper. Mine is one of the first made and is a front discharge. So it shoots the grass across to the main deck. I like this a lot better than the rear discharge it leave a lot of clumps.
The deks are great have saved us tons of trimming time. If your flex dek is set up right it will stripe like the main dek.
It really works for mowing under fences and pine trees.
the flex dek will pay for itself in about two weeks on the trimming time it saves. had mine for two years and had no problems.