PDA

View Full Version : Spray gun

Hogjaw
04-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Thought there should be a lawn forum on the internet and found it last night.

Been spraying approximately 10 to 12 years......started out with a 4 wheeler and a 10' boom........then a zero turn with front mount boom.......last year graduated to a Lesco space saver and the chemlawn gun.

Have not been able to get the chemlawn at 2 to 3 gpm to effectively kill crabgrass....2 to 3 ounces per gallon....but I can burn the crap out of bermuda or zoysia. Coverage is just not there for me. Changed to an adjustable spray wand and the 3/8" hose and get a fair to good kill (75% to 90%). But, the 20" wand will literally wear you out by noon.

What do you recommend using for the application of MSMA?

Chemlawn is good for pre-emerge and broadleaf in the fall and spring!

cemars
04-17-2007, 08:47 PM

Been spraying approximately 10 to 12 years......started out with a 4 wheeler and a 10' boom........then a zero turn with front mount boom.......last year graduated to a Lesco space saver and the chemlawn gun.

Have not been able to get the chemlawn at 2 to 3 gpm to effectively kill crabgrass....2 to 3 ounces per gallon....but I can burn the crap out of bermuda or zoysia. Coverage is just not there for me. Changed to an adjustable spray wand and the 3/8" hose and get a fair to good kill (75% to 90%). But, the 20" wand will literally wear you out by noon.

What nozzle are you using, the blue (1.5 gmp) will give you smaller droplets and potentially better control, and what are you going to spray when your MSMA runs out?

Ric
04-17-2007, 10:16 PM

Hogjaw

I find one gallon per thousand finish spray gives me the best response when applying herbicide. May I suggest what I use which is a 42" wand with a one GPM 50 degree tee jet tip. You can order it at this company

http://www.reallyinnovations.com/

Hogjaw
04-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks for your helpful response!

The other gentlemen's response.......well, I don't know how to take.

Ric
04-23-2007, 01:30 AM
Thanks for your helpful response!

The other gentlemen's response.......well, I don't know how to take.

Hogjaw

MSMA is now been ban by the EPA. Therefore when the supply runs out you will be no longer able to Buy it legally. Chlordane was ban by the EPA in this country over 20 years ago. However it is still being made in this country and shipped over seas. However with the right connections it can be had.

MarcSmith
04-23-2007, 08:44 AM
I made a wand for my JD-9 using a small threaded aluminum pipe and a in interchangeable nozzle at the end.

Worked good and not too tiring at the end of the day.

I never cared for the Chem-lawn guns

Hogjaw
04-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks Marc for your response!