PDA

View Full Version : hurtin for certain

bobbygedd
08-02-2001, 01:49 AM
sup folks, every february i am gung ho, feeling great, cant wait to get started on cleanups etc. but, every year about this time, i am reminded of my mortality. its becoming very rough getting out of bed in the morning, and it takes 3 cups (big ones too) of coffee to jump start my heart. once i get going im fine, then , when we quit for the day, every bone and muscle in my 35 yr old body aches(and i mean bad). this usually goes on till after leaf season(dec. 15th) and takes about a month of bear like hibernation for me to bounce back. anyone else feel like this? ive seen my doctor several times about this, and aside from needing to lose about 20 lbs, he says im fine.

hubb
08-02-2001, 02:05 AM
ADVIL

And thats all I got to say about that.

LAWNGODFATHER
08-02-2001, 02:18 AM
Take 2 Aleve

and Email me in the morning

Dr. LGF :blob1:

I hurt and still kick those employees a$$es at 30 years old after 12hr a day

P.S. she made me add that it takes her a big pot and half a pack of cig's in the morning to give her a kick in the a$$

kutnkru
08-02-2001, 07:33 AM
Most fatigue is from a lack of water. They say that if your not replenishing your bodies fluids with straight water in addition to the sports drinks or whatever, that it begins to shut down about 2pm.

The other thing that you could try is taking vitamins. 500mg of B, C, E, and Rose Nips etc.

Try putting fresh fruit in your cooler so that throughout the day you can munch healthy between jobs, and it will do your body good as well.

When we get into our high humidity and extreme temps such as we have now, I will usually skip b-fast because it makes me sick and drink those Boost or Carnation B-fast drinks. They help me alot, even though the guys love to razz about it at the shop first thing. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps.
Kris

HOMER
08-02-2001, 07:48 AM
LOSE THE 20 POUNDS!:blob2:

David Haggerty
08-02-2001, 07:52 AM
S-T-R-E-T-C-H every morning.

I use some yoga and some karate exercises.

It's better than early morning backaches.

Just get some good advice from the YMCA or somebody like that.

Dave

oneEXMARKfan
08-02-2001, 08:22 AM
"Most fatigue is from a lack of water" That's what I've always heard. I don't drink any caffine during the season, since I heard it removes too much fluid. (wish all I neeeded to lose was 20 pounds, but this no-carb diet is working great, and a few months(6) should have it under control.

HOMER
08-02-2001, 08:44 AM
If this type of work won't take the weight off then I don't know what will. I don't need to lose weight but still wind up 15 pounds lighter by June than I was in Feb. Keep 2 sizes of pants, a summer size and a winter size.

AltaLawnCare
08-02-2001, 08:54 AM
bobbygedd,..
I know exactly how you feel. I'm 34 and I can't get going in the morning, and can't sleep at night. I take vitamins, and drink meal replacement drinks and eat well.
After reading the above posts, I am gonna try to drink more water!:blob3:

GrassMaster
08-02-2001, 09:31 AM
Hello Everybody:

No matter what I did, there was pretty big weight difference from winter to summer for me T00! I was also one of them folks that had to have 2 different sizes of Clothes. Problem was my wife kept taking the other size to GoodWill. LOL, I had to hide them from her.

I don't have to worry about that any more, I'm nice & Plump now. I got a Budda Bellie now. I see no way to get rid of it, unless I get a real job & go back to work for a living? :)

fireball
08-02-2001, 10:03 AM
This line was edited out by Eric ELM

Had everything that you are complaining about and then some. I was convinced that it was Lymme disease. Finally the Dr did a blood test for my thryoid. Turns out the thing had stopped working. Now I take a little white pill and can run with the twenty year olds. Have the Dr. check it out.

PS. Dr tells me if I start with this little blue pill, I'll be able to chase after teenagers(girls)

bobbygedd
08-02-2001, 10:26 AM
funny, but for real its true, if u can stay fat doing this kind of work(and i do) its pretty incredible. even my helper, who weighed in at a whopping 165 before the season, is down to 150, and this cat does at least 8 budweisers a day. i too drop about 20-25 lbs at the beginning of the season, but seem to gain it again by the end of june. had a physical and that thyroid thing, also lyme disease test, and that test where u turn around and..., oh, forget it. anyway, its dry as hell here, no grass to cut, my customers wont mind, im going on vacation next week, far, far away. may even try that grass stuff u mentioned, do they still sell it by the sack, for $10?

Dochere
08-02-2001, 11:34 AM
Hey, your at the age where your Thyroid can start acting up. Go to your doctor and have a T3, T4, T7 and TLC done. It's cheep and you'll know for certain. If thats the problem and they catch it in time, a simple pill will take care of it. If thats not the problem, your just aging fast :D Go to the store get your self a bottle of Glucosamine and Condrotine and drink plenty of water.

plymouthvaliant73
08-02-2001, 02:12 PM
Lose the caffeine if you can. It exhausts your adrenal glands and actually makes you more tired. A vitamin/mineral supplement and the glucosamine/chondroitin is good as suggested above. Also a calcium/magnesium supplement can help as muscle fatigue and tension/spasms can result from a deficiency of these minerals. There's new research to show that DHEA supplementation can help slow the effects of aging. Diosin from Royal Body Care is an herb that your body uses to make DHEA or you can find DHEA supplements at any drugstore/pharmacy. A deep muscle therapy session once or twice a month may help more than you might think if you make a routine of it.

wallzwallz
08-02-2001, 04:23 PM
Bobbygedd,thought that was me writing that post. Good to see i'm not the only feeling this way. All the advice seems good,but anybody feel mental attitude could cause this? Around this time of year, with work all caught up,I suprise the guys with a road trip screwoff day on me, helps me + crew feel better. Do this 1 or 2 times before leaf season.:D

roscioli
08-02-2001, 04:35 PM
What is this Vacation thing you speak of? :) I think it has a lot to do with mental attitude too. I start the day dreading the sight of the mowers, and am ready to quit by noon. I guess it could have to do with the caffeine though, i drink a coffee or 2 to start, 2 pepsis during the day, and a coffee after dinner. Want to hear how addicted to caffiene i am? I tried skipping the after dinner coffee thinking I would sleep better, and hey! Turns out i can't sleep without it. THat is bad. And dont worry guys, i do drink water during the day too. Time to skip 1 pepsi, and drink more water. Thank god 2 of my lawns today were too burned to mow!

lawnboy82
08-02-2001, 04:47 PM
i gotta say that this happened to me for about a year. i couldnt work. i just didnt want to. my body couldnt deal with it for some reason. and my drive was down. now, my guys get here in the morning, wake me up on dirrect connect, and i go and put in a 12 hr day sometimes, come home, eat, and all is well. however i dont work alone anymore. and i think that helped me a lot mentally. as far as medically goes, i think your body is being effected by your mind. but i am no MD.

awm
08-02-2001, 05:03 PM
What you describe can be dealt with. but when you start plan on it being for life. start at 10 min day walking to music.do this
a little every day at least 5 days a wk. the key to condition is in the mind. always quit while you still feel like doing more.
this way your subconcious will make you look forward to the exercize. that my friend is the secrete.good luck and take charge

powerreel
08-02-2001, 05:41 PM
PROZAC.

ron
08-02-2001, 09:56 PM
Hello all fellow LCO'S just wanted to say hello and to find out how you all are doing this summer..Me I am doing just fine trying to catch up with all my new clients.

dmk395
08-02-2001, 10:09 PM
Go to the gym and start a workout plan. If I dont work out at the gym, even when tired, I start feeling withdrawal like symptoms. No matter how tired I am I just keep going. Eventually work gets easy.

danlawnser
08-02-2001, 10:12 PM
ron, I am happy to hear that you are feeling better and that business is also getting better. best of luck

captdevo
08-02-2001, 10:26 PM
We all know that water is important but did you know... 75% of
Americans
are chronically dehydrated. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism
is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger. Even MILD dehydration
will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of
the dieters studied in a U-Washington study. Lack of water is the #1
trigger of daytime fatigue. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10
glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for
up to 80% of sufferers.

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory,
trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen
or on a printed page. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the
risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer

thelawnguy
08-02-2001, 10:33 PM
"Try putting fresh fruit in your cooler so that throughout the day you can munch healthy between jobs, and it will do your body good as well. "

Thats what I love about this time of year, from now til November, its Harvest Time! Today I had a dozen peaches picked off a customers tree, pretty soon it will be plums, pears, apples, grapes, you name it, no more buying lunches from here on out lol.

bobbygedd
08-03-2001, 01:48 AM
i think u r right, it could be the mental thing. today i got a call for a pretty good size landscape job, and usually im right down there selling the work, this time i was just like, ok, hows tommorow evening? i do that vitamin supplement thing, not exactly, but similar. i do coors light, and pretzyls, is that the same thing? thanx for the suggestions folks, im leaving tommorow night for vacation, 11 days without a phone or weedwacker, ill see if that helps.