many stockade fencees are down
I need to give a price ,,labor only to install
16, 8x8 sections of fence
Is there a rule of thunb?
Any advise is appreciated
Alan

Mike Fronczak
04-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Call a fence contractor. My brother was one for a number of years, very hard work (Digging) without right equipment. There is a lot more to it than it looks to do it right & get a good finished job.

apowell18
04-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Don't know about stockade fencing...but someplace to start would be around $15 per lf...I install fencing (not stockade), mostly picket fencing, and I start at $15 per lf (that includes material cost). That's new install too...if you are having to yank out old footings, then you are looking at double. let me know what you come up with.

mattfromNY
04-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Are you just installing the panels on existing poles? or do you have to set poles and the panels?
We just drilled 41 holes/ set poles/ built panels from scratch. 6 foot high, 8 foot on center poles, with panels on the outside, wire on the inside (for dogs), it was a lot of work. Granted, we were working in mud from this lovely weather we've all been enjoying, but it still is a lot of work keeping everything straight and true and evenly spaced. I charged by the hour, and would advise it if your customer would bear it. We worked with myself and two other guys, and had over 120 man hours into it when completed. Plus the rental of a bobcat with post hole digger for one day, and materials costs. I'm not a fence pro by any account, but thought I'd share my 2 cents with you.
Matt

RICHIE K
04-19-2007, 06:50 AM
We charge $150.00 per section labor only

TSG
04-19-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks for all your input
I am doing it for Time and Material
I figure 2 people 1.5 days
This is a great site
Alan

Ramairfreak98ss
04-21-2007, 01:29 AM
We charge $150.00 per section labor only

damn richie, you have the right clients! I have one thats going to be 53 8' panels to put up, i wish i could get 8 grand for it.. i havnt quoted them a price yet but damn, i was thinking in the $2600 range plus supplies?

Labor would include all the measurements,leveling etc, dig 50+ post holes, backfill, wont be concreted or anything.... What kind of fence are you doing pvc or something?