PDA

View Full Version : Irrigation Remotes

londonrain
04-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Looking for some input on the pros and cons of the TRC and the Rain Master Irrigation Remotes or any "other brand".

Looking for 32 max and universal for all 24v controllers....

The Rain Master PRO MAX-UA is about $1200-$1500 quotes
The TRC Commander 32-Station System $1495 website

Do both systems use the same type remote pigtails, I plan on purchasing the tails from Peter at Remote pigtails....

Thanks

Midlo Snow Maker
04-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Looking for some input on the pros and cons of the TRC and the Rain Master Irrigation Remotes or any "other brand".

Looking for 32 max and universal for all 24v controllers....

The Rain Master PRO MAX-UA is about $1200-$1500 quotes
The TRC Commander 32-Station System $1495 website

Do both systems use the same type remote pigtails, I plan on purchasing the tails from Peter at Remote pigtails....

Thanks

we have 4 trc's i love them great investment

Mike Leary
04-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Yass..remote pigtails all fit.....We love our two Rain Master remotes.

Remote Pigtails
04-18-2007, 10:19 PM
We have two Rain Masters and one sidekick that serves as a backup. What I like about the Rain Master is the instant on and off. When you are flushing heads or trying to find a break with a minimum amount of water that instant on and off is great. On the TRC sidekick their is a minor pause and sound before you can push the next button and that can be irritating in some situations. I believe the Commander is the same way. The Rain Master uses a more powerful battery than the 9v and requires fewer replacements. The other feature I like about the RM is that the cord that connects the two receivers together can be used to hang it on the door of the clock. Sometimes finding a place to set your receiver can be a little bit of a headache. Can't go wrong with either but stay away from the Sidekick because it does not have a dedicated MV button and you will want that.
Any remote is better than walking back and forth. I have no doubt in having read your posts that this is going to be one of the best tools you ever bought.

PurpHaze
04-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Any remote is better than walking back and forth.

We could not function without our remotes; Eicon for the Irritrols, ICR for the Hunter ACCs and of course our Hunter WVC systems.

Mike Leary
04-19-2007, 04:18 PM
We were using the remote on site & the wife noticed it. She said, "if you
tell my husband about the remote, you're fired, he has too many already!"

londonrain
04-19-2007, 06:08 PM
We have two Rain Masters and one sidekick that serves as a backup. What I like about the Rain Master is the instant on and off. When you are flushing heads or trying to find a break with a minimum amount of water that instant on and off is great. On the TRC sidekick their is a minor pause and sound before you can push the next button and that can be irritating in some situations. I believe the Commander is the same way. The Rain Master uses a more powerful battery than the 9v and requires fewer replacements. The other feature I like about the RM is that the cord that connects the two receivers together can be used to hang it on the door of the clock. Sometimes finding a place to set your receiver can be a little bit of a headache. Can't go wrong with either but stay away from the Sidekick because it does not have a dedicated MV button and you will want that.
Any remote is better than walking back and forth. I have no doubt in having read your posts that this is going to be one of the best tools you ever bought.Thanks for all the input on the remotes.
I purchased the Rain Master Pro max universal today and it should be in next week.....thanks again

Mike Leary
04-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Now all you have to do is convert all your clocks to Rain Master...then you'll
REALLY have fun with the remote! You'll love it regardless. Good choice.

londonrain
05-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Rain Master Pro Max-UA Remote came in today.....I would also like to thank Peter at Remote Pigtails for his fast shipping of his quality pigtails ....Now I can start a repair job of replacing 140+ spray heads, I think it will help since the controller is almost a 1/4 mile away...

Remote Pigtails
05-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Rain Master Pro Max-UA Remote came in today.....I would also like to thank Peter at Remote Pigtails for his fast shipping of his quality pigtails ....Now I can start a repair job of replacing 140+ spray heads, I think it will help since the controller is almost a 1/4 mile away...

You'll wonder how you went so long without it. I will be most interested to hear your thoughts on completion. Don't hesitate to call me.

Mike Leary
05-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Good going with the Rain Masters.. you should have no trouble w/1/4 mile.
Next thing is to get Rain Master clocks installed..then you can run lots of
remote features...with permanent recievers..push "1"....fire away zones!

Remote Pigtails
05-02-2007, 08:43 PM
This was my first RM remote. I actually had three of these before they changed to their current model. This one had to be recharged so when it ran out of juice you were back to walking back and forth. I bought a backup and alternated them on the charger. Had one stolen and replaced it the same day. My most indispensable tool.

Remote Pigtails
05-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Also back then they cost over 2,000.00. Now you can get them for around 1350.00

londonrain
05-07-2007, 08:33 PM
We setup two remote pigtails on two ESP12 controllers today at the same site....Homeowner had no issue with me installing the pigtails and he said "good idea" and wants them at his business which has 3 controllers. We replaced over 15 heads, repaired 3 broken pipes and raised a bunch of heads.....When we finished we rode around in his Golf cart and I was showing him all of the repairs, it was great... We worked on the system 3 hrs and I think it saved us well over an hour in time. The remote Pigtails also worked great with zero issues and very easy installation instructions.

Remote Pigtails
05-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Not that I was wooried but that is the best news I've heard all day. That remote has a feature that allows you to turn on two zones at once. Really useful sometimes. One thing we do that you can get away with in our clay soils is speeding up raising risers. I like to keep the copper on top. So I carefully screw out the riser. Add my sch 80 nipple with a thrd cplng. Then with the nozzle off give it a quick on/off burst of water while pushing down and turning. Takes a little practice but really speeds up the job.

PurpHaze
05-07-2007, 10:03 PM
That remote has a feature that allows you to turn on two zones at once. Really useful sometimes.

The Eicon allows you to turn on as many zones at once as your heart desires and your system will handle. On occasions we will get an older valve that we've fired remotely that just won't go down fast. I'll turn on several other neighboring zones at the same time to steal the water and allow it to shut down. :)

Remote Pigtails
05-07-2007, 10:31 PM
What happened to the Eicon? Internet searches don't show much. I'd like to find out what kind of market their is for their connectors. Can they be used as a universal remote or are you strictly limited to the Irritrol? It sounds like a great remote that has been buried by Toro. Will you take a pic for me and show a hookup.

PurpHaze
05-07-2007, 10:52 PM
What happened to the Eicon? Internet searches don't show much. I'd like to find out what kind of market their is for their connectors.

http://www.eiconinc.com/

Can they be used as a universal remote or are you strictly limited to the Irritrol?

Don't know. We consolidated all our controllers to remote ready Irritrol MC-Pluses almost 20 years ago. Now we're starting with the Hunter ACCs.

It sounds like a great remote that has been buried by Toro. Will you take a pic for me and show a hookup.

I'll try and take some pictures of the setup tomorrow.