PDA

View Full Version : J D M653 or M655 operators, how do you like ??

Tider6972
08-02-2001, 03:28 PM
I am drawn to these machines, and before I take the plunge I very much would like to hear from anyone who has had some time and experience with them. Of particular interest would be how it compares to Lazer .
Thanks

sheppard
08-02-2001, 06:27 PM
Evening, posted some comments on the 655 a couple of weeks back. After more thinking I have to give this a thumbs down. The deck settings are unreliable, mowing down a slope it will not stop! The handles on the ones I used were 'shaky'- they felt like the would eventually just fall off. The belts come off quite easily and it is easiest with 2 people replacing them. All the greese fittings are not placed for the averedge Joe to access.

Cordially,
Sheppard

Mowingman
08-02-2001, 10:35 PM
I agree with everything sheppard said about the 665. I owned one for 1.5 years and finally got the dealer to buy the pece of junk back. The cut is the worst I have ever seen on any 60" ZTR. Another serious design flaw is in the blade spindle shaft. If you happen to hit a rock or something, the shaft will deform EVERY time. Avoid all current JD ZTR's is my advice.:angry: