PDA

View Full Version : missouri department of agriculture

JKOOPERS
04-18-2007, 10:05 PM
well they paid me a visit today . somebody reported me for advertising weed control on my website.

1MajorTom
04-18-2007, 10:16 PM
I take it you aren't licensed? What did they have to say?

JKOOPERS
04-18-2007, 10:31 PM
nothing at all i dont do it. i sub it out to a guy thats is licensed, it turns out he knows the guy personally i sub all my chemical work to

mslawn
04-18-2007, 11:16 PM
The way it is worded on your website sounds like you are the one applying. How can you even sub if you are not licensed? I for one think they should have popped a fine on you. I carry the licenses and insurance and I for one know the cost involved in doing weed control legally. The majority of the LMO's (Lawn Mowing Operators) are toting their bags of weed and feed all around and applying it illegally and will never be fined, because of the lack of enforcement. I can guarantee you I would never sub for a LMO, they can refer me and I will be glad to take care of the client, leaving out the LMO. I would say a LCO is someone who is licensed to correctly maintain a lawn and landscape.

JKOOPERS
04-19-2007, 09:21 AM
well i am not , i have insurance too buddy. well why dont you start reporting them? well i can tell you this the guy that i sub mine out too also does most of brickmans work here in st. louis . i am providing my cleints with a one stop shop that most of them want. by the way mslawn the guy that came by called the main office while i was standing next to him and he asked about me subbing in out. they told him its totally legal here, as long as i am not using pesticides which i am not.

maelawncare
04-23-2007, 08:11 PM
hey dont feel bad buddy, they did it to me as well. :D but once i got done talking with the guy, decided i should. i guess he talked me into it. now im licensed :D

motoguy
04-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Glad to hear the Mo Dept of Ag is doing their job, and checking out possible illegal applicators. Glad to hear you're doing it the right way, too. Sounds like a good story all the way around.