PDA

View Full Version : Web Site ZTR Mower Prices--Help

GMAN
08-02-2001, 03:10 PM
I've been searching this site and found two web sites with commercial ZTR mower prices, alamia.com and lgwhse.com. Are there any others out there?

Just wondering since my local Toro dealer quoted me $6835
for a Z100 19 Ka/52 cut when the same ZTR was $5847 on lgwhse.com. Any web sites with prices would be appreciated.

Thanks,

GMAN

little green guy
08-02-2001, 05:54 PM
Just bye it from your dealer, If it breaks lgwhse.com is not going to fix it. :eek: Your paying more from your dealer for service. Just like our buisniess, so don't complain next time you get lowballed on a job when you do the same thing to another idustry.

GMAN
08-02-2001, 08:26 PM
An extra $1000 for service? I don't think so. That extra $1000 is going into the local dealer's pocket and I'm trying to save myself some money, not give it away. Anyway, that's why companies have warranties on their products. Any web sites about ZTR prices would be appreciated.

GMAN

captdevo
08-02-2001, 09:34 PM
warranty is one thing... getting it warranted is another.

most dealers would stick the unit purchased from somewhere else in the shed an go fishing!

Do you blame them?

That $1000 isn't going into his pocket, it's covering expenses ( store, parts, inventory, ads, insurance etc.) then maybe he'll get a $100.

The best thing you could do is create a good relationship with a dealer, all equipment requires maintenance, service and parts!

this has been argued alot, do a search and see the feedback.

wallzwallz
08-02-2001, 09:48 PM
Definetely buy thru a good dealer,evan good machines break down, that $1000 in your pocket now could be chump change if you get a lemon.Who will pay for S+H each time?Plus keep the money in your community,what goes around comes around.

Mike Wall

Mark
08-02-2001, 11:03 PM
I agree a very good relationship with a very good dealer is so important in this business,just think if you have a serious breakdown in the field who ya gonna call? Having a great dealer you can call and well atleast mine will bring me a loaner right to the site,Less down time more money in your pocket. Plus all the purks i get 15% off anything i purchase and am on the 24hr turn-around policy which is the way business people who care about you should do. Please buy from one off your local dealers and become a business friend with him and you won't ever regreat it. Marks Mowing Service

Lawn DOG
08-03-2001, 12:41 AM
You all crack me up! I am all about buying from the best deal around. We must be the only outfit around that doesn't depend on the dealer to hold our hands if our mower breaks down. You guys are in this business for real? We keep around extra mowers just for the little break downs.
No way am I going to give a dealer $1,000.00 to be my buddy. Sorry got enough friends. Been in business for far too many years and have saved thousand's of dollars. Hell from the money I've saved I got my own loaner to use. So all of you that want to give your hard earned money to the dealer go ahead.
If you feel that you really want to buy it from your local dealer I suggest you do this. Get the best deal you can possible find and tell your local dealer that you would like to give him your business but you would like him to match the deal you found elsewhere. Everybody is happy. You saved a $1,000 bucks. Your local dealer makes a sale. He will appreciate the fact that you are just tryng to be smart. But he would rather you be dumb.

Administrator
08-03-2001, 12:52 AM
If you guys need a unit let me know. I can prolly match ALAMIA.com

Chuck

wallzwallz
08-03-2001, 02:30 PM
I have no problem saving money, but i doubt the dealer can match the price. I would tell dealer your lowest price + see if he can work on it.I make enough money that $1000 or so more to avoid headaches later on is worth it. Have you ever bought a mower thru web or mailorder? i have bought other stuff,parts etc. and had them show up damaged or missing items,then the run around starts.

HOWARD JONES
08-03-2001, 03:33 PM
I agree with Chuck as well as some of the other comments - my dealer sold my Toro for a little less than these mail order prices - plus any warranty benefits, and they do some assembly - not to say your pricing problem is unheard of; one dealer in my area was $1500 higher than another - guess which one got my money!