PDA

View Full Version : Grass stains on concrete...

thefed
04-18-2007, 10:23 PM
What helps with wet grass stains on brand new concrete (ie white)

I know the grass will dry up and blow away but ive never seen such GREEN DISCOLORATION like I did today at one particular customer's home

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
04-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Itz tricky to keep the grass off of concrete.

mowingtowing
04-18-2007, 10:26 PM
If we do that, we run a blower and a string trimmer over it at the same time, it gets most of the grass up. A pain though....

desert rose gardening
04-18-2007, 11:03 PM
The sun and time.:hammerhead:

johnnywill08
04-18-2007, 11:26 PM
power wash if necessary, works good (its a pain but still)... don't want to lose a customer to somehin like that. it happens.

thefed
04-18-2007, 11:28 PM
FYI

i called this particular customer today to explain...and she hadnt even noticed....but really, really, really appreciated the fact thati took the time to call and explain....we decided to let nature do its thing, and if its still there next week, i'll worry about it then

just wondering what yall do when it does happen. i usually avoid the concrete when its wet...but i had a brain fart...i burnt my hand on a muffler earlier in the day so my mind was wandering to the pain

PLM-1
04-19-2007, 12:17 AM
When it's really wet, I usually go up and down the curb. That way i stay off the concrete for the most part. I also bag, so that helps too.

dcondon
04-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Not much you can do except blow what you can off and wash if you have time. I don't think I have ever washed one though.

nobagger
04-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Trick is is at all possible, make a pass or two so you dont have to turn around on the driveway. The clippings wont leave stains its when you leave clumps or ride up on it and try not to compress it by walking on it or riding over the clumps.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
04-19-2007, 08:33 AM
As Nobagger said make to full perimetter passes around the property that way you dont have to back up or turn on the grass,also if the garden hose is close ,most costumers dont mind you washing it off.

martinfan06
04-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I thought thIS was maintenance 101, NEVER DRIVE OR TRUN ON DRIVEWAYS AND SIDEWALKS. Not only grass coloring but what about rubber from your tires I hate to see tire marks on a property like that JMO.

bwilder10h
04-19-2007, 09:59 AM
I don't know about maintenance 101 but sometimes you just can't help going over a sidewalk or a part of a driveway. If it's not a rubber mark from dragging a tire, the stains will wash away. I also have noticed some driveways are much easier to stain than others...

MarcSmith
04-19-2007, 10:16 AM
driving over a drive or sidewalk to get form point a-b is ok, avoid if possible, but in some cases you can't, but don't turn. I did own a small pressure washer which was nice in that if I had any stains like this I could hit him if they did not go away in fairly short order