PDA

View Full Version : You just never know

Equalizer
04-18-2007, 11:51 PM
So I gave a bid on a lawn about a week and a half ago, I did initially charge a lil high but called back to tell her I could go cheaper. Go figure she told me that she probably wouldnt need me. Then today I get a call around 2:00 from her asking me if I could come out and cut her grass. Luckily for her I wasnt too busy and stoped by to do it. I just dont get how some people can expect us to be at their every beckon call. :hammerhead: :confused: :dizzy: Oh well.

gravtyklz
04-18-2007, 11:54 PM
I think most customers care the most about getting the service when they want it. But take that as a good thing to know. Knowing whats important to a customer is a great piece of knowledge. A lot of companies pay a lot of money for surveys and such to find that out.

SongBird LawnCare
04-18-2007, 11:56 PM
yeah.. i got a call today from a lady who i gave an estimate to about 2 weeks ago.. i went high.. and i was thinking about calling her back and dropping the price a little.. i figured i'll just wait through today and call tomorow. as SOON as i made that decision. she called... and told me she wants it done.. and she wants to pay monthly.. lol..

"SURE.. you can do that.."

:)

Equalizer
04-19-2007, 12:02 AM
yeah.. i got a call today from a lady who i gave an estimate to about 2 weeks ago.. i went high.. and i was thinking about calling her back and dropping the price a little.. i figured i'll just wait through today and call tomorow. as SOON as i made that decision. she called... and told me she wants it done.. and she wants to pay monthly.. lol..

"SURE.. you can do that.."

:)

Thats awesome dude. The funny thing tho is that I only put up 1 flyer in my small town grocery store and got 2 calls. lol I am gunna go door to door in the next couple days with door hangers I guess that the 1-4 percent callback ratio was a lil low for me. haha I know the costumers are out there, hopefully I can "hit it"

bohiaa
04-19-2007, 09:49 AM
So I gave a bid on a lawn about a week and a half ago, I did initially charge a lil high but called back to tell her I could go cheaper. Go figure she told me that she probably wouldnt need me. Then today I get a call around 2:00 from her asking me if I could come out and cut her grass. Luckily for her I wasnt too busy and stoped by to do it. I just dont get how some people can expect us to be at their every beckon call. :hammerhead: :confused: :dizzy: Oh well.

yea, this has been bothering me lately, sometimes I feel like I'm being used like the little boy who pushes his mower down the street..

I added tax to my regular customer list and have been catching Heck ever sence.... WHAT I HAVE TO PAY TAX.... yes I have to pay tax... But your just the lawn guy................DUH..

give me a break

thanks for posting... you guys have saved me millons in theropy

garrettlawn
04-19-2007, 09:52 AM
I would suggest not to call back and lower prices... if you get that reputation in town then you will have a lot of people waiting for you to call them back and say you will do it $5 cheaper.

Uranus
04-19-2007, 10:03 AM
OK. Congrats on getting another account.

Now, why did you cave on your price? Dont ever second guess you price. Then you give in to her "can you cut me today". She gave you a three hour window to mow her yard. I'll steal a line form mr. 10K post, but you just bacame her Lawnturd. Not only did you cave on your price but now you gave her the upper hand by picking her time to be serviced.

I would be expecting problems with this account. I'm 100% sure we will be hearing complaints from you about her. Quote that line in your first thread about the problems she gives you.

In the future, dont ever cave. Your not going to get ahead doing that.