PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander Hydraulic Line Replacement

Fechmupbud
04-19-2007, 11:54 AM
I just bought a used 05 Wright Stander with a 52" deck and 25hp Kaw (FH 721V off the top of my head - its something close to that). While cleaning/degreasing the mower yesterday, I noticed the left side (operators left) hydro lines had been rubbed raw (to the steel) by operating with an underinflated/or flat tire. J. Thomas does not list the two lines which wright states are 18.5" (of the 4 total lines, 3 are 18.5 and 1 is 15.5). The 15.5" line is 1/2 to 1/3 the price as the one in EP Distributers. Will napa make up one of these? Where else can I get one that isn't $75. If it can't be done, then so be it.

More importantly, are hydro lines really just tighten on? Any other tricks I need to know to achieve a tight connection? No teflon tapes, pipe dopes, coniffer rod crimps or binogey bearing seals?

I've verified that all the other hoses [I]look[I] alright, and figured that I would replace the hydro oil filter and put in fresh oil (Mobile synthetic something or another - need to look it up again)

I'll elevate the back wheels and be sure everything bled and all my neutral pts etc are ok.

Am I on the right track. Any insight?

Restrorob
04-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Always try NAPA first on hydro lines, They are much cheaper than factory. You are on the right track, It's not required to put anything on a compression type fitting threads and just tighten snug. You don't want to strip anything, If you do have a leak you have room to snug a little more.