PDA

View Full Version : Exmark shut down while mowing

DoninVa
04-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey everyone...its my first post so I will try to be as detailed as I can.

I just purchased an older Exmark model LZ25KC604. She shut down on me while cutting the grass and would not start back up.

This mower has a 12v solenoid switch that looks to only control the starter. When I jumped the solenoid, the engine would turn over. I am getting no "click" noises from the solenoid when the key is turned to start. I only get a small click from the engine (kohler 25) when the key is in the on position, but believe that could be the fuel valve. I don't believe it to be the 12v solenoid because I would assume that it only controls the starter.

Is there any way to narrow down which switch/wire is bad?

Thanks in advance for any help

Don

Restrorob
04-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Sounds like you had a safety switch go south on you, I would start by checking the seat switch.

DoninVa
04-19-2007, 01:32 PM
is there a way to check these without a meter? maybe jumping them? I am trying to avoid the costs of having the dealer come get it, have a 2 week turnaround, and delivering it back to the house all for a $30.00 switch.

thanks again

Don

Bill Kapaun
04-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Jump a switch will work.
Also a 12V test light. Place leads on either side of the switch. IF the switch is open, the bulb will light when V is applied. (the TL "completes" the circuit and thus lights up)