PDA

View Full Version : What would you guys do??

Equalizer
04-19-2007, 02:02 PM
So I know a guy that is in the lawn/landscape business. He is selling a 36" WB for about $700. He says its good to go and there hasnt been any big problems with it. What do you guys think, should I get it. This is my first year and I have a couple accounts already. Granted i'm 19 and thats some change for me but I know that it will greatly cut down on my cut time. What do you guys think?

cm82pa
04-19-2007, 02:30 PM
First thing you need to ask yourself is "Will this piece work in the areas that I mow?" Se some times bigger isn't always better. If you can only use it on two or three properties is the time you save worth it. More importantly is your profit margin large enough to make such a purchase right now. Something to think about how long has he been trying to get rid of it? Will he hold for you for a little while while you try to grow? Is it a name brand where parts are easy to get? Is it priced low enough that if you get it, could you sell it for a minimal loss? I understand money or lack there of, I am 24 and I am fairly new to the mowing business myself, I have managed two mechanic shops and that is how I always look at equipment purchases. Was the tool that I need justified for the price. I would love to buy a huge zero turn and trailer with all of the bells and whistles but right now its not an option. Plus the lawns that I am mowing is actually easier with the small Wb because of fitting in and out of gates and around gardens. A zero wouldn't really work in my situation right now. Hope this helps good luck.

Allens LawnCare
04-19-2007, 03:55 PM
How about what kind is it, what year, how many hrs, hows it look, check the oil/spindals/belts etc