PDA

View Full Version : Bid Help

jsf343
04-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Ok, everyone has needed help with a bid or two at some point. Now I need a little help if some of you don't mind.
I did a walk through on a Catholic church property today. It was very large with a ton of turf to be cut. in fact I would estimate close to 6 acres. All of it is flat, there are trees here and there but nothing that should be to much of a hindrance. Looks like approximately 1 hours worth of edging for 1 guy. They do not care if we mulch most of the time. I havnt bid on anything this large before and feel a little out of my pond. If we were to get this property I would go out today and buy a ztr, most likely a scag tiger cub or along those lines. I feel like we are just shy of having what we need equipment wise (larger mower anyway) From what the man said it took a Hispanic guy close to 8 hours time just to mow. I am figuring with a good ztr and the equipment we have now we could do it in roughly 4 to 6 hours. ( I am estimating high) this is a 2 man crew. I was thinking in the $200.00 to $250.00 range to cover cost per week on this property. Anyone have anything similar? and where would you start to be competitive? $350.00 to $500.00 range? (a week) feedback please.

thanks,

Jeff

fiveoboy01
04-19-2007, 10:35 PM
8 hours just to mow 6 acres? What was he using, a 32" belt drive WB without a sulky?

With a 54 or 60" deck Z you should be able to get that(mowing only) done in 2-3 hours easily provided it's not real bumpy and(as you said) there aren't too many obstacles.

Though churches generally are cheap, I'd start at $380 if it's a true 6 acres. If there's a ton of trimming(long fences, etc) i'd start around 425 or higher depending on the amount of trimming and/or edging. If they are cheap(and likely they are), then fine, they can find someone else to do it.

jsf343
04-19-2007, 11:15 PM
8 hours just to mow 6 acres? What was he using, a 32" belt drive WB without a sulky?

With a 54 or 60" deck Z you should be able to get that(mowing only) done in 2-3 hours easily provided it's not real bumpy and(as you said) there aren't too many obstacles.

Though churches generally are cheap, I'd start at $380 if it's a true 6 acres. If there's a ton of trimming(long fences, etc) i'd start around 425 or higher depending on the amount of trimming and/or edging. If they are cheap(and likely they are), then fine, they can find someone else to do it.

I was thinking along those lines too. I have no clue what he was using, maybe a push mower.:laugh: I am trying to use worst case scenario's though as far as time goes.