PDA

View Full Version : Started Round 2 Today

J Hisch
04-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Well even with the quick spring that came upon us it turned good and cold for about 2 weeks again, and we finally got a few weed control only done yesterday and started R2 today hope we finish before Memorial day. Where is everyone else at? I really feel for the northern operators.

indyturf
04-19-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm starting Rd 2 on Monday, thats about a week earlier than I thought I would. but about a week later than usual. I have lost at least 2 weeks with all the rain and cold weather.

ThreeWide
04-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Started R2 here earlier this month. And then we had a late freeze that sent the C4 turf back into dormancy.

There may be some damaged lawns in this area, but right now it too early to tell for sure.

turf hokie
04-19-2007, 09:10 PM
BITE ME!!!!!!!!!! Still have 3 weeks left for round 1 to be complete......Barely 1/2 way done with it.

profigala
04-19-2007, 11:47 PM
i started rd 2 the 18th. Right now im about 2 week behind where i want to be, hopefully the weather gods will start to cooperate.

Grassworks Inc.
04-20-2007, 06:08 AM
almost half done Rd1. Only 18 mil sq.ft. more to go. Planning on starting rd 2 around Memorial Day. Can't wait!!

LawnJohn
04-20-2007, 06:58 AM
Started R2 here earlier this month. And then we had a late freeze that sent the C4 turf back into dormancy.

There may be some damaged lawns in this area, but right now it too early to tell for sure.

Starting R2 on Monday less fert. Hopefully it won't be windy.

RAlmaroad
04-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Finished up about April 1, just in time for the freeze to kill every blossoming apply tree in Tennessee and 99% of the peach crop in South Carolina...No dandilions though.

garydale
04-20-2007, 08:23 AM
We start R-2 on Monday 4/23/7

The cold snap helped us in central Md.

M.C.L.C.
04-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Started rd 2 here bout 2 weeks ago, probably gonna finish by end of next week. Had to push rd 2 forward a bit due to a lazy chemical guy not doing his job correctly!

grassguy_
04-20-2007, 05:09 PM
have about half a week left of R1, will be starting R2 by end of week! About a week ahead of schedule roughly, and considering the crap we've been through for the past month and a half, actually in decent shape. Not sure if you guys in INDY had all the snow we got blasted off the lakes the past month, but we've battled through for now. TURF HOKIE, LMAO, i know you guys up there have been behind the 8 ball too with some crummy weather, hang in there spring is coming full force this weekend!

americanlawn
04-20-2007, 09:19 PM
We have five rounds. We are trying to finish up round 1 by next week (April 27). Many of our late round 1's are new sign-ups, so we're now packing spray rigs and giving them double app's (dry + liquid) for no extra charge.

We'll start R 2 next week -- the "2 & 4 only customers" tend to be all liquid weed & feed -- the rest who had R 4 last fall will get pre + dry fert + spot spray. We mark each route card so we usually know which ones will need a complete liquid app (the weedy ones).

Once we get the "weedy ones" under control over the next 3 weeks or so, we'll have "smooth sailing" for the rest of the year.

Creeping Charlie lawns will need special attention, plus a more expensive herbicide--yes, we have these lawns "marked" too. (Chaser kills it).

We will stop working Saturdays by mid June. Six day work weeks will resume in late August.

This week, we have installed our liquid spray rigs, so we will finally be able to spray broadleaf weeds too. Last week, we had snow, and had to wait 2 days before we could do anything. Weird spring. Maybe "algore" knows something we don't??

NOTE: even with TruGreen's attempt to sell as many as 8 apps', looks like they're selling out again (for the 4th time) later this summer?? We'll see. By the way...this sale is due to poor stock performance.

I started w/ChemLawn in '78 and I left just before they sold out the 1st time.
Waste Management (the mob), then EcoLab, then TruGreen (a Service Master company), now???>>I'm sure you have read about it.

Later, american.

philk17088
04-20-2007, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=americanlawn

I started w/ChemLawn in '78 and I left just before they sold out the 1st time.
Waste Management (the mob), then EcoLab, then TruGreen (a Service Master company), now???>>I'm sure you have read about it.

Later, american.[/QUOTE]

Back in the days of Jack VanFossen?
I worked there from 84 to 87

Grassworks Inc.
04-21-2007, 02:46 AM
Back in the days of Jack VanFossen?
I worked there from 84 to 87

Jack and 2 brothers owned it (Richard Duke and ?). I was there the same time 84-87. I don't think that WM bought them first. Wasn't Ecolab the "white knight" that bought them after WM unsuccessfully attempted a hostile takeover? I left about 2 months after Ecolab came in.