PDA

View Full Version : Just sent a not nice letter to Scag.

JLC
08-02-2001, 08:14 PM
I am so sick of the problems that I've outlined to you guys in the past I decided to take this to the company. I believe they need to handle this and make their machine work like it should. I will keep you posted on their response.

captdevo
08-02-2001, 09:37 PM
need to go see Greg and Max!!!

CSRA Landscaping
08-02-2001, 09:55 PM
My guess is that you'll get passed off to the dealer. Or perhaps not ... we'll see.

JLC
08-03-2001, 11:11 PM
I got a response back from Scag's technical service manager today. First he apologized for the problems that I am having with the mower and said that none of the problems are normal. For your reference I told him of poor discharge of cut clippings, right drive system that had to be replaced at 240 some hours, left side drive system displaying similar characteristics, and cracked frame at the front caster. He pulled the file on my mower and said he would forward my email to their distributor service manager to get him involved and he would contact me. We will see how this unfolds and I will post my findings.

LAWNGODFATHER
08-04-2001, 02:02 AM
I tried this with other companies and it doesn’t work as well till you get a lawyer involved

One CO. replaces mower with a new one (A demo from a dealer and another POS)

The other CO. bought the 3 mowers back including tax from me

But it goes to show you that a lawyer will get better results.

Come on out of all you customers you must be mowing a lawyer
Find him, talk to him, trade a few mowings for his service
He will get them to give you the resolve to your problem

LGF:blob1:

JLC
08-08-2001, 11:57 PM
Well in less than a week I am happier. I have to say that Scag got right on the problem, very commendable. The mower now has a new pump and all I had to cover was the labor. The distributor service manager said to check the deck pitch in regards to the poor discharge, haven't had a chance yet, will update you. He said that the broken caster weld on the frame is what they call normal wear, which he said is why Scag designs these to be bolt on so they can be easily replaced. I am happy about the quick turnaround they displayed in trying to keep me a happy customer. In regards to the pump, they didn't recommend sythetic oil or adding coolers. The rep said they simply were not needed and said they have many machines out that are not having these problems. Only time will tell, but for now I feel better about the situation.

crazygator
08-09-2001, 12:03 AM
JLC, Use it for a month then tell us what is happening. Its great you got the service we all deserve, but pitiful that we almost have to threaten them to get things done. I wish you well with your new fixes.

WebbLawnCare
04-04-2003, 12:01 PM
Does anyone have a number I can get in touch with Scag direct? We're having a problem with a turf tiger that the dealer doesnt wanna take care of. And of course they wont give us any info on how to get in touch with Scag. Thanks in advance for any info.

Swampbeast
04-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Try to contact them through thier website www.scag.com one of their service techs will get in touch with you.

In my experience, SCAG has gone out of thier way to take care of me, even when I was a 16 year old kid with my first WB, they took care of me just like I was a pro LCO. For that, I have always bought SCAGs, and they earned themselves a life long customer from me.

They do occasionally make lemon mowers though, and the only thing to do is to get rid of it and buy a new one. They will usually work with you if you can truly demonstrate it is a manufacturers problem.

:cool:

Gravely_Man
04-04-2003, 12:59 PM
Customer service is what it is all about. This helps you get and keep customers and helps companies such as Scag get customers for life like Swampbeast. It is really too bad most companies do not have this attitude.

Gravely_Man

mklawnman
04-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Yeah I would agree, check out their website for any phone numbers or address. THey are located in Wisconsin here, main headquarters is in Mayville and they have three plants, Mayville, West Bend, and Greenburo, NC? I think.
My dealer is like the biggest in the area and treats me extremely well, even though I'm 19, just like swampbeast said they respect me in what I am doing, haven't had a problem yet but if anything does come up I know full well that my dealer will help me in any which way possible.
Nobody is perfect in manufacturing, their will always be those lemons out there, even in cars and lawn mowers. Customer service is the key to getting customers to keep coming back to them if their is a problem.
Matt

WebbLawnCare
04-04-2003, 01:42 PM
no numbers anywhere on the site, so we'll see what happens with the email

mklawnman
04-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Yeah well I know back a few months ago before they redid their website their was a number there, now you have to fill out your business information and e-mail it to them?? Seems strange but you will see.
Matt

Jimbo
04-04-2003, 02:39 PM
I just wanted to add some comments in regard to the post about Lemons etc.

Basically Scag and other MFG's purchase parts and bolts them together. The exception being the frames, decks, etc. The pumps, bearings, motors and all that stuff is purchased from other vendors.

Just think about the parts that the MFG's actually manufacture the next time you say you got a lemon, and before you give them a bad name. They want things well documented so that if they do give you a new pump etc, they can get the money back from the Vendor that they purchased it from.

Jimbo

cantoo
04-04-2003, 04:24 PM
Jimbo, sorry buddy but you live in a dream world. As soon as a manufacturer puts a part on a frame it loses it's identity and in some manufacturers cases it actually can become a superior part.
I know this for a fact because I have been here for several years and whenever someone asks what is the best mower out there people will say that the mower they have is the best. They will argue this point to the death even if their mower uses the exact same engine as another manufacturer. If the guy has a Dixie with a Honda on it it can be the best machine in the world but put that same engine on a Bad Boy, Exmark or whatever and it become a piece of unrealiable junk with engine problems. It's the same thing with Hydros, belts, tires, bearings and every other off the shelf part.

At least this is what I have figured out from my years of research on here.
:p
:D

By the way Walkers are the best mower out there.

Jimbo
04-04-2003, 04:50 PM
Catoo,

My point exactly. I havent been on here as long as you but it didnt take long to figure out the way people think. Its the whole Chevy VS Ford thing going on.

Some people have the ability to step back and see the whole picture and some dont.

Dont get me wrong. If something is in warranty period it should be taken care of but a bad pump doesnt make a Dixie mower junk. It the way that the MFG responds to the bad pump that makes the difference.

Jimbo