PDA

View Full Version : To late for flyers?

AJZ
04-20-2007, 03:23 AM
I have wanted to start and lawn/landscape company for a few years now but have never had the money. Now I have enough money to get a company started but am wondering if it is too late.

I am atleast a month behind everyone else advertising wise. I am planning on distributing 10,000 flyers within the next week. Grass has been ready to cut for atleast a month and a half, maybe 2. My question is, do you think it is to late or should I go ahead and try to get some business?

This won't be my primary income. Please help me out and give me your thoughts before I spend all my savings.

Realistically, how many yards should I shoot for? My flyers are very professional and I am 100% legal.

cooltype
04-20-2007, 03:50 AM
i think its worth a shot i advertised late in the season last year in the paper and still got alot of calls. Theres alot of people who start mowing and then bail out on people mid season or the client is just not happy and wants someone new. by the way where did you get your flyers? i found a place called pkgraphics.com 5,000 flyers color postcards 4x6 for $99 great deal in my opinion

snowjeep
04-20-2007, 06:17 AM
I was new last year started working for another lco and in June quit and started my own. I started 2 months later than you are and got 10 accounts and some side jobs. I also did not advertise until this year. Good luck!!

bohiaa
04-20-2007, 08:41 AM
it's Never too late

Grits
04-20-2007, 10:52 AM
it's Never too late

My thoughts exactly!

AJZ
04-20-2007, 12:29 PM
i think its worth a shot i advertised late in the season last year in the paper and still got alot of calls. Theres alot of people who start mowing and then bail out on people mid season or the client is just not happy and wants someone new. by the way where did you get your flyers? i found a place called pkgraphics.com 5,000 flyers color postcards 4x6 for $99 great deal in my opinion

Thanks for all the replies!

I am getting my flyers made from a local print company. 10,000 fullsize, 2 color flyers printed on heavy duty stock for $500. (front only)

Mr Priceless
04-20-2007, 01:20 PM
i honestly think the next best time to advertise is during the steamy hot summer wher people realize they can't beat the heat and would rather the lco do it....at least if you don't mind mid-season customers

dannyboy20
04-20-2007, 02:25 PM
i honestly think the next best time to advertise is during the steamy hot summer wher people realize they can't beat the heat and would rather the lco do it....at least if you don't mind mid-season customers

True. People are all for it until its 1000 degrees. Or they just get to buisy. It's never too late to advertise.

Gator Done
04-20-2007, 05:21 PM
Today we had 3500 flyers go out in a local newspaper already had 5 calls.Going out tomorrow to give estimates.

smcunningham
04-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Mr Priceless

My opinion also but they all might stick with you next year on average half will.

willretire@40
04-21-2007, 04:04 AM
Advertise, advertise, advertise. It is never to late and you should never stop as long as you want to grow. Just make sure you find the best way to advertise for your area. Look at Geico. Do you think they will ever stop advertising?

ChadsLawn
04-21-2007, 04:18 AM
Its never too late to throw flyers...

WHIPPLE5.7
04-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Last summer in July and August things were slow at work so I ran my own mowing/trash hauling add just for some extra money and I picked up way more work than I ever thaught. It had me busy until Oct. and that wasn't even my full time gig.

Lynden-Jeff
04-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Right now for the next month will be prime time for north east. I started last year in july and picked up 10 clients easy. Its not hard!

Cheers
Jeff

bohiaa
04-21-2007, 05:38 PM
do you guys ever read the entire Post and replys????

this sounds like a broken record !!!!!!!

Woops, are yall old enoulf to know what a record is ?

CutsForLess
04-21-2007, 11:36 PM
All I have ever used is the local newspaper, I still have to turn down work at times. I am thinking about doubling the size of my business by adding 1 employee man that is a lot of growth for one year, a 100% increase in manpower. HA HA

rfed32
04-22-2007, 12:31 PM
never to late after the first couple cuts some people might not like who the have and bam ur flyer is on their door nd they will give u a call