PDA

View Full Version : looking for a liq. ornamental program

bug-guy
04-20-2007, 08:21 AM
we are in central fl. on the west coast. i am looking for a 5-6 ornamental liquid program. hopefully chem per round (i'll fig rates).
ex.= dec/jan hort oil
feb/march hort oil, 20-20-20, hign mag combo,bifenthrin
april/ may same
june /july aug/sept same plus bayleton
nov/ dec hort oil
spot gran. 8-10-10 as needed

any input

Ric
04-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Bug Guy

My competitors would love to know my Ornamental fert cocktail. But the bottom line is my soil is so sandy, only Slow release granules will give the response Desired. Phosphate is now looked upon very badly by the Environmentalist. Therefore Blends of Fert with Phosphate have been reduced to no more than 2 to 3%.

Try blends like 13-3-13 with 50% slow release and high percentage of Fe, Mg, & Mn. Apply these in Late February, again in Late May and early October. Note that this is not timed by equal time periods, but rather by seasonal growth. Supplemental Liquid Fert can be in the Form of Greenhouse grade 20-20-20 at the rate of 5lb per 100 gallons by label mixed in your Insecticide-Fungicide cocktail. One problem you face with Liquid Fert is, Staining of customers Homes . Therefore you are limited as to what you may apply on Foundation plantings. In areas where you are only dealing with plants and no building staining problem, There are many more ferts you can use.

Pesticides should also be applied according to season like you have stated. Dead of winter a ultra fine oil or insecticidal soap might be the only thing you need to apply. During spring flush systemic pesticides are needed. Bifenthrin is good but should not be the only insecticide in your bag like many guys do. What many Northern Member don't realize is our heavy pest pressure on ornamental plants. We don't realize there problems with trees. 6 rounds a year on Ornamental plants is a good program here in Florida.

BTW You soil and Climate is different than mine. Therefore you must find what works best for you.

bug-guy
04-20-2007, 06:25 PM
i had a good program years ago and lost it from lack of use the only thing i remember was doing gran had a lot of call backs for insect and fungus problems. i agree gran is better but for production work went for lig broadcast

xpnd
04-20-2007, 07:04 PM
If I remember correctly, drift from Bayleton leaves a very nasty and very difficult to remove opaque white coating on windows.

Ric
04-20-2007, 10:09 PM
i had a good program years ago and lost it from lack of use the only thing i remember was doing gran had a lot of call backs for insect and fungus problems. i agree gran is better but for production work went for lig broadcast

Bug Guy

You can do it Fast and Cheap or you can do it Right. But you can't Do it Right, Fast and Cheap.