PDA

View Full Version : Price Charts

popacop
04-20-2007, 11:27 AM
I was wondering what a fair price is for about 10,000 feet squared. Does anyone have a price chart they could share with me.

Thanks, Mark

Mr Priceless
04-20-2007, 12:43 PM
WARNING: POTENTIALLY LONG POST:

i was able to base my pricing sheets according to topsite's (topsites the awesome numbers member on lawnsite, among others) easy-to-follow methods....for example:

in your case, 10K sq ft= aprx. 1/4 of an acre (10k of 40k)...according to most pro lcos, 1/4 acre in general could run you $35...NOW, starting at 1/4 of an acre (again, most Lcos' opinions of the smallest common property) and up, about maybe $5 more for every 1/8 acre after that, and an acre runs for about $55-$60. If a given property is estimated at more than an acre, the usual price (again, lco opinion) is $40 for every acre after that...like $100 for 2 acres ($60 for the first acre and $40 after that)....

hopefully you can understand the general pricing method that I explained...the prices given for any amount of land are just numbers...after all, you and the population/income of your area are the prime factors of determining a price for a 10,000 sqft yard.

Other major factors include the time/gas it takes to get to that yard,

the number of obstacles in the yard

The time you will take to complete the yard (which includes mowing, trimming, and blowing debris as a minimal service)

Your preferred rate per man hour

Overhead

etc etc etc....

You MUST factor in all of these things into your price, and then you can determine a price.

But plain, pure, and somewhat simple, $35 is a guideline price to follow for a 10,000 square foot yard to mow.

GSPHUNTER
04-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Just curious if you are talking about $35 for a simple mow/blow and go type service. I honestly don't see the market bearing that in my area. My min. is $27 per cut for anything up to 10,000 sq ft, and then I go up from there. This is just basic service though.

I can average $1/min of mow time at that rate.

Just curious as to what that $35 includes.

Mr Priceless
04-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Just curious if you are talking about $35 for a simple mow/blow and go type service. I honestly don't see the market bearing that in my area. My min. is $27 per cut for anything up to 10,000 sq ft, and then I go up from there. This is just basic service though.

I can average $1/min of mow time at that rate.

Just curious as to what that $35 includes.

well, i prolly beat around the bush, but i meant most lcos have a rule of thumb for $35 being their usual minimum, usually for a 1/4 acre.
10,000 sqft=1/4 acre=$35 minimum, and i could have sworn i said prices vary in different areas:

...the prices given for any amount of land are just numbers...after all, you and the population/income of your area are the prime factors of determining a price for a 10,000 sqft yard.

popacop
04-20-2007, 04:46 PM
thanks that helps a lot.