PDA

View Full Version : New Wilkins 375 R.P.P.s

irrig8r
04-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Anyone try these yet (actually don't know if they're available yet.)

New compact design can go up against a wall. No unions necessary because the whole inner section is removable with a couple screws.

http://www.zurn.com/operations/wilkins/pdfs/specsheets/BF-375(sm).pdf

Took a sample apart at the distributor... looks like good engineering to me.

R.P.P.s are required within 3 feet of the water meter here for a dedicated landscape meter (office complexes, medical buildings, shopping ceneters, condos, etc.)

Most guys will use them on single family residences too, just because if you're on a slope it's usually easier and less expensive than running the mainline to the top of a hill... D.C.V.s aren't readily available and generally not used.

But oddly enough, I come across a lot of DIY installations with A/S valves below grade or even in boxes below grade.

I'm replacing 12 valves on a job next week were the gardener installed a dozen A/S valves at the bottom of a slope to run a whole backyard. This on a $3.5 M residential property.

Funny thing is, he didn't realize there was already an R.P.P. protecting the system (hidden behind a hedge).. main problem is the dumping thru the A/S valves of all the water left in the laterals after every run... I think I'll take photos and post 'em. Gnats and mosquitoes seem to love it.

gusbuster
04-20-2007, 05:51 PM
This on a $3.5 M residential property.

3.5 mill for a house with some property isn't nothing in our neck of the woods. Heck, 1.3 buys you a 3 bed 2 bath and about 500 sq.ft. of lawn and a non usable hill to boot. :) The house in my signature just sold for 975 in San Bruno.