PDA

View Full Version : customers blow my mind....

d.m.d.
04-20-2007, 05:06 PM
had a lady call today.sounded nice, wanted an estimate for lawncare and she lives in my subdivision so i ran right down to her house.grass was 10 inches high and i said i could cut it for 40/cut about every 10 days........her response was ''i will pay you 30 every 3 weeks..........wow i said sorry lady but i cant do that.i had another guy say he would pay me 15 a cut over the phone,hell i hadnt even seen his yard......

TNT LawnCare Inc.
04-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Are'nt they the best customers:laugh: Had a lady tell me she'd call me when it needed cutting ,oh it will need it every 2-3 weeks. I said what about the chemlawn sign here.if its fertalized 4 times a year it will need it every week i said. She tried again and i left laughing:hammerhead:

Patriot Services
04-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Seems to me this is the year that people who never had a service before want one now. Half of the calls/quotes I do are from people that want beck and call service for 15$. I always direct them to the nearest street corner with the hand written sign that says "ANY LAWN 14.99". :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

mikecaldwell1204
04-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Tell me about it. I get so many people like patriot said that want to call me and tell me when to come and how much Im getting to do the job. Thanks to the many lowballers in Florida who drive the prices into the ground so no one can make any money.

d.m.d.
04-20-2007, 06:44 PM
now i havent had a lot of calls this year and i want the business,but i aint doin it that cheap.not when a sulky cost 300 bucks and a decent blower cost Over 300.

bohiaa
04-20-2007, 07:03 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

d.m.d.
04-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Bohiaa is happy.

Shawns Lawns
04-20-2007, 07:45 PM
TNT i think she might be looking for an employee. To bad you could not set your cell phone to ring right after you give her the price and she counters. And answer the fake ring, "Oh hunny your not going to believe this one this lady wants us to cut her lawn once every three weeks and she ferts and just start laughing hysterically for a whole minute and then walk back to your truck. :waving:

JayD
04-20-2007, 09:32 PM
I called a place today trying to get there business ( Thriffty car rental ) and they said that they have been taking bids from last week, but if I wanted to bid on it I could. He also said that if my price was atractive, they would cancel the other guy and go with me. LOL. I thought, if they would do something like that to a guy who they just hired, they are not for me.Anyway, I told him, Ok, I'll be right over.LOL........If it wasn't for hurting this other guy, I would have gone over there and gave them some REALLY low offer that they could not turn down, and after they would have fired the new guy, Then I would just not show up. That would have tought them a lesson.