PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Job Dilemma

lawnspecialties
04-20-2007, 10:05 PM
I have a landscape job scheduled in a few weeks where the house has no pavement or concrete area at all. No big deal, except the customer is getting 10 yards of red-dyed mulch.

How the heck am I going to scoop up red-dyed mulch off the ground without getting it full of dirt and debris? I might be able to get away with this with natural colored triple-shredded but red-dyed is going to show every piece of dirt.

Anyone ever had a situation like this before? Thanks:confused:

richallseasons
04-20-2007, 10:40 PM
lay down a tarp or some plastic first ten yards doesnt take up much space

NewHorizon's Land
04-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Tarp^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Idealtim
04-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Just a question, what kind of house has enough beds for 10 yards of mulch but no drive or parking area?

lawnspecialties
04-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Just a question, what kind of house has enough beds for 10 yards of mulch but no drive or parking area?

We're out here in the country, bud. One acre yard but dirt road and dirt driveway. I'm cutting the new beds, putting in three crape myrtles and two dogwoods, and installing the mulch.

I should have been more clear in my first post. I'm using the tractor to scoop up the mulch. Sure, a tarp will help but when near the bottom, it will be useless. It's still probably my best bet.:confused:

d&rlawncare
04-21-2007, 08:32 PM
put some big pieces of plywood down.

paponte
04-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Dump truck??? :confused:

packer101
04-21-2007, 08:47 PM
use a big tarp, and when scooping keep the blade about 1-2 inches up so it leaves a thin layer of mulch, once you have most of it up, just drag whats left over on the tarp.... it might work we have had to do that at the mulch yard i work at.

green horizons
04-21-2007, 10:10 PM
I've never worked off dirt drives, but gravel drives are similar with regard to the problem. Tarp or plywood.... Just about the only option. Of course, you'll have to wheelbarrow the last little bit. If you're hauling a tractor, couldn't you use that trailer to haul the mulch and work directly off that? As was stated above, ten yards isn't that much.

YellowDogSVC
04-21-2007, 10:46 PM
use a grapple on a machine

Mike Fronczak
04-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Trailer or dump truck. I have never in my 15 years had mulch deliver & droped on site & I have done may jobs larger than that ( I have a 12 yard one scheduled for Monday, will finsh it Wensday, includes other stuff too). We have done jobs as large as 60 yards, bring it in 10 yards at a time on dump trailer (deck over), wheel barrel (10 cuft)just fits under.