PDA

View Full Version : Magnum + WPS's...?????

LwnmwrMan22
04-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Anyone running water soluable packets out of their Magnum??

This is the first year I'm doing (2) different things.

1) I bought a Magnum, sold my Ultra, so I AM used to running a ride on.

2) I switched from 19-0-7 .15% granular Dimension to 10-0-20 Fert + Lifeguard (Dimension) water soluable packets, to try to stop the excessive top growth in my KY Bluegrass that I have to maintain mowing as well as chemical apps.

My problem is, is that I cannot keep the nozzles clear. I go 5', and they're plugged again.

Pull everything apart, clean the screens, put it all back together, go 5', they're plugged again.

I was wondering (hoping) that someone else has run WSP's through their Magnum yet to tell me for sure that it can be done, especially LifeGuard??

I've been mixing it in a 2 gallon bucket first with water, then putting it in the Magnum. Then adding the rest of the water.

indyturf
04-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Never tried it! I wonder if you took the screens out if you would have any better luck. I have only sprayed liquid 3-way and talstar with my Magnum and haven't clogged a screen in 3 years. I think what your trying to do may be a little thick to spray low volume. I dont think you get enough volume to get good results with pre-m out of a PG!

LwnmwrMan22
04-21-2007, 08:14 PM
I've completely shut down for the day, which isn't a big deal, since th e wind is blowing 30 mphs now with gusts as high as 45 mph.

Anyways, I've taken the nozzles off, along with the screens, completely cleaned everything and ran 30+ gallons of water through the system.

The last tank and 1/2 ran through with clean water, nothing on the screens.

I'll hopefully have less wind tomorrow, so I can try it again (Sunday).

I'd still like to know if anyone's run LifeGuard or other WSP through their Magnum though, so I can eliminate it being the machine's fault.

I can live with operator error. ;)

RigglePLC
04-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Try the liquid Demension__I think it is called Dimension EW.

RigglePLC
04-22-2007, 10:36 AM
As mentioned above. Try adding bypass agitation nozzles inside the tank and recirculate the solution for a few minutes before opening spray nozzles.