PDA

View Full Version : Simazine in a Permagreen

Grandview
04-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Anybody have experience using Simazine in a Permagreen? Any negetives?

ThreeWide
04-21-2007, 08:28 PM
I have used it a few times.

Whether you use WDG or flowable, I would recommend mixing in another tank with agitation prior to loading up the PG tank. And then be sure to use the material that day. It will settle out in the PG tank if left in too long.

Also be sure to clean your nozzle and screen at the end of the day. You might have some of the material caked up inside. Don't wait a few days later when you spray some other material and wonder why the spray pattern looks strange.

DaughtryLC
04-21-2007, 09:12 PM
I use it all the time Sept 26-Oct. 16th and again Feb. 28-Mar. 16th very good product!

RigglePLC
04-22-2007, 10:34 AM
May I suggest-- use a battery powered electric drill with a paint stir paddle to agitate it periodically.

Also folllow my example, and add bypass agitation nozzles inside your tank--Run the pump for a few minutes to agitate before turning on the spray valves.

RigglePLC
04-22-2007, 07:32 PM
And, hijacking my own post. I has been dry in Grand Rapids for 12 days. Soil temp is now 59, at 3 inches in shade. Air temp 80 here last two days. Rain and cool temps expected.

Permagreen Ultra--starts with battery--provided I put in a new spark plug. Plugs foul quickly.

I pumped out antifreeze..but...very difficult to prime the pump with clear water. Is there a secret method? Had to put at least 4 gallons water in tank. Sprays water about 8.5 feet wide. About 80 ounces per minute.

I talked to a Lesco man who was repairing a broken starter rope on a PG Ultra starter. He had to take tank off. Drill out the rivets which hold starter in place. Replace rope. Is there an easier way? I am glad I replaced my (slightly worn) rope in advance without taking anything apart (using the glue method) as mentioned last month.

Stonewall
04-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Riggle,

What's the "glue" method of replacing starter ropes?

RigglePLC
04-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Replace when worn--not after broken.

Pull rope all the way out. Jam in a screwdriver to hold recoil stationary.

Cut or bend sheet metal air vent over starter rope--so that you can grab the knot with needle nose pliers.

Pull the rope out. Cut off knot. Use hot glue or staple to connect new rope to old rope.

Pull carefully on old rope to gently thread new rope through starter and into place. ( Urge it along with stiff wire as needed). Replace handle and tie knot in new rope as needed.

Stonewall
04-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks. And it works well?

RigglePLC
04-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Working fine. Now --can anybody figure out a way to easily replace the rope AFTER it is broken?