PDA

View Full Version : Customers *ugh*

NewHorizon's Land
04-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Had two calls today for one time jobs. Weather hit 77 degrees so everyone is in a panic to have their lawn cut. First lady says "I would like to have my lawn cut" "I live in (45 min drive where I have no customers near). Can you do it by Monday?" I tell her no as I am booked till Wednesday with mowing. She polietly says "ok thanks for calling me back". Second guy calls " Hi this is Mr. So-and-so and I have an emergency." First thing to pop in my mind being a firefighter is CALL 9-1-1. He procedes to say "My mower blew up and I really need my grass cut. Think you could do it in the next couple hours?" My reply was "No sir soonest I could be there is Wednesday. "Well I live in the same town as you just hop over" "Sir I said I could not get to you till Wednesday. Maybe you should call someone else." He hung up. Your poor planning is not my emergency. Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent.

dKoester
04-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Thats how it is when you are booked every day 12+ hours. Its a blessing. Thats how I look at it.

topsites
04-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Sorry but I'm booked solid with scheduled maintenance until at least July.

In the case where someone insists they want it done in the next couple of hours, that's no problem.
Show up, start cutting, get it done, bill accordingly, you can probably get close to double your normal rate.
I mean, if it's that important...
Dang straight I can fit you in, I only have 10 or 12 on the schedule for today, maybe tomorrow, depends where your'e located, might be on the way.

Because here I am grossing what is it, 300-400 a day, and you want what?
Ok, if I see the money, I'm there :laugh: