PDA

View Full Version : loading mower from trailer to pickup suggestion

JAX LANDSCAPING
04-21-2007, 09:11 PM
hey guys

any suggestions on loading up mower from trailer to back of pickup truck while the trailer is hooked up i have a 14ft bigtex trailer and i'm getting a 16 ft one but the new one is not in yet ihave three mowers and going to put the 34in gravely sit down in back of truck would the arched loading ramps work for this or is there something better .

Thanks mike

haybaler
04-21-2007, 09:16 PM
I tried the arched ramps, they don't work if you have a rail on the trailer. I've seen a double gate setup but i seems to costly and to much weight. a buddy of mine just used a 3/4" piece of plywood to put is WB into the truck.

dcondon
04-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Your going to be looking for trouble!!!!!!! I know people that have got killed doing stunts like that.:nono:

casco73
04-21-2007, 10:22 PM
hey guys

any suggestions on loading up mower from trailer to back of pickup truck while the trailer is hooked up i have a 14ft bigtex trailer and i'm getting a 16 ft one but the new one is not in yet ihave three mowers and going to put the 34in gravely sit down in back of truck would the arched loading ramps work for this or is there something better .

Thanks mike

you can buy 2 2x12 cut them just to the length from the bed of the truck to the bar of the trailer then buy ramp ends from your local hardware store and mount them on a set of two by twelves from two to three feet long then drill and bolt them to the set you cut from the truck to the trailer and if your nervous of driving on two seperate boards cut and mount 4x8 piece of plywood to connect the two together. or you can spend alot more money and go to safe-t-ramp.com I think you can get a nice one from 300 to 550 dollers :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :confused: :confused: :waving: :laugh:

Scag48
04-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Just buy a tri-fold ramp that's rated for 1,500 pounds or more. Don't know why people even bother with planks or split ramps, they're terribly unsafe. Here's what I would buy if I were you, maybe not this length, but the tri-fold style is perfect.

http://www.dawsbetterbuilt.com/bbt/184fr.html

JAX LANDSCAPING
04-27-2007, 07:50 PM
hey guys,

thanks guys for the info probably going to try the tri fold ramps thanks again

topsites
04-28-2007, 10:22 AM
I think that's way dangerous because of the steep angle ...

Scag48
04-28-2007, 01:32 PM
I think that's way dangerous because of the steep angle ...

That's why the USA ramp double fold full width ramp is great. It's wide, there's no ramps to slip out and the loading angle isn't too bad.

gammon landscaping
05-01-2007, 01:58 AM
i just love that feeling i had when i was loading my buddies brand new honda rancher in the back of my truck and the left ramp broke. if it wasn't for dad reaching out and catching it i would be eating through a straw right know

LawnSharks
05-02-2007, 05:14 PM
You guys are crazy!! Be careful!!

Midwest Lawn Services
05-02-2007, 05:40 PM
You guys are crazy!! Be careful!!

I agree!:clapping: