PDA

View Full Version : hydro fluid got some gas mixed in?

mowisme
04-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi all- new to this area..looks to be well organized and a super place to get info. I bought a used Hydro (lesco) walk behind with a FH641V (hp?) Kawasaki motor. The previous owner said it use to not leak a drop, but a helper accidently put gas into the hydro tank! He didn't notice right away as mower still worked. but the gas must have dilluted the hydro down as it started to leak out over mower and trailer after using. my question is this: after cleaning out tank..do you think I need to take pumps off? wheel motors off? or can I 'flush' them on mower? or last- and hoping not, does everything need replaced or rebuilt with new seals? they did not stop working so must have been quite a bit of oil in tank..but not sure. Thanks for any ideas or info on this. Gene

Restrorob
04-21-2007, 10:12 PM
A couple quarts of oil flushing them on the unit is cheaper than the time to remove them. It's possible there was enough fuel added to thin the oil too much and force it out the seals. I would suggest flushing on the unit. Clean it all up and give it a try checking for any leaks and where they are if any,Then just repair where the leak may be.

haybaler
04-21-2007, 10:14 PM
The gas may have eaten away at the seals, you may need an overhaul. try the flush first though

mowisme
04-22-2007, 07:22 AM
thanks on reply's. I'll try flushing out everything. Do I need to take everything off machine to get it all out? can I unhook hoses and force oil down them somehow to flush out system? I was thinking I'll need to take both pumps off and both wheel motors off and turn them up side down or something? thanks a million on input on this. Gene

Restrorob
04-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Drain the tank, Remove the wheel motor lines and let them drain, Re-install the lines then re-fill the tank. Don't fill to the full mark but only enough to start the unit and work the levers back and forth. Repeat the above a second time and that should be sufficient.

Mark your lines so you don't get them mixed up.....