PDA

View Full Version : not sure if it's just me....

mcwlandscaping
04-21-2007, 10:52 PM
but i am having trouble agreeing with myself on an estimate for this edging estimate....here are the details. There are approx. 740 ft of edging that this lady wants done around her property, this is all she wants done. Ide like to rent a bed shaper to do this with. Is $0.70 a foot too much money....i come up with $518 before ever figuring in rental of the machine and dumping fees of the edge grass......Am i figuring this remotely correct? It just seems high to me for the work that is to be done.......edging! Thanks for any help

-mike-

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
04-21-2007, 11:33 PM
How long will it ake you total (include trips to and from the rental shop)? I'd say the rental charge plus $75 an hour for labor.

mcwlandscaping
04-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Ive never used a bed shaper, so that's also what has me hung up on estimating time.

30 min. round trip to rental shop
15 mins round trip to dump site

Ric3077
04-21-2007, 11:44 PM
My bid would be $740

tjsquickcuts
04-21-2007, 11:54 PM
I have been going thru the same dilemma with some of my estimates. I did go up on my pricing on just about everything, but this year, it just seems that all my estimates have been super high this year....I have had a few mulch jobs hit $1000 plus.....But I have been signing a lot of agreements and have gotten some deposits so I guess people dont mind paying for quality