PDA

View Full Version : Fert. prices going up?

bart may
04-21-2007, 11:51 PM
I just ordered 4 pallets from my supplier and he informed me that my price had to go up $5 more a bag. Are you guys seeing the same price increases. He blamed it on the projected corn planting in the Midwest. He said his suppliers are sticking it to him. Any thoughts?

tremor
04-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Bulk Urea in barges is topping $425/ton right now. All fert prices are going up.

Ya gotta love that ethanol. Maybe grow some corn instead of grass. LOL

rshofcols
04-22-2007, 07:21 AM
prices are going to go up for one simple reason,the goverment is paying farmers more per bushel for corn to be used for ethanol than any other crop and farmer brown is buying more nitrogen rich fert.

Ric
04-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Bulk Urea in barges is topping $425/ton right now. All fert prices are going up.

Ya gotta love that ethanol. Maybe grow some corn instead of grass. LOL

Steve

Let us not forget the 3rd World countries (China & India) are now putting a bigger demand on Fertilizer than before in this Supply and Demand cycle.

BTW Florida is now in the Process of State level legislation that will limit the amount of Both Nitrogen and Phosphate that can be applied to home lawns each year. Surface and Ground water contamination is the main issue. Some Local Counties already have Fertilizer laws and more counties are adopting them.

Add in the drought and water restrictions and we are have a few issues to address here in Florida.

ant
04-22-2007, 10:04 PM
“The problem is that in 2005 most of the fertilizer suppliers and dealers took a very strong position on storage and they put a lot in storage anticipating an increase in spring sales.