PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I asked ya about the Kee mowers, what do you think about White

buttaluv
08-03-2001, 07:13 PM
I again did a search, on White mowers, didn't see much, however I found a local dealer, that can get a White 33" w/b, What do you guys think???

gorrell
08-03-2001, 07:19 PM
I'll be the first, but definitely not the last to tell you I'd not recommend the White mower. Just not designed to operate day in and day out as a good commercial machine must do........Lynn

BerksLawn
08-03-2001, 07:44 PM
The White machine is the same as Crapsman/Troybuilt/Cubcadet/Statesman. We have a Cub cadet version with an 8.5 briggs. Its only a back up now but its 4 years old and has held up. A few minor problems, broke the blade spindle(my fault) and the deck has a crack in it. It can hold up if your only using it for less then 25 yards a week, anymore then that It wont last a few years.

Steve

Eric ELM
08-03-2001, 10:34 PM
buttaluv
KC, Mo. should have lots of dealers around. Why are you looking at mowers that are not common? I would go with a name brand for many reasons, the main one being we will know what the heck you bought. :)

Alan
08-03-2001, 10:42 PM
White, Cub Cadet, Troy Bilt and a bunch of other low end machines are all built by MTD (Made To Disintegrate). MTD has a huge line of consumer quality equipment, all low dollar and all low quality. They also have a line of pseudo-commercial equipement which fails to impress me also.

If you want to cut commercially, get commercial equipment, maintain it and run it for years.

Davis TLC
08-04-2001, 12:34 AM
buttaluv,

Definantly spend the extra cash and buy a commercial mower. You will regret buying a throw away mower, when it is in the shop more than it is out making money for you. Demo as many of the commercial units as you can, then buy the one that fits your business. Buy the best you can afford.

65hoss
08-04-2001, 12:37 AM
Don't waste your money, get a good machine that will give you years of commercial cutting.

Pulpit46227
07-15-2002, 04:51 PM
When I started in this business 5 years ago, I had about 12 accounts....smaller to medium yards. I bought a 33-inch White and it does a wonderful job on smaller yards. It's great in places and yards where you would normally use a 21. No, it's not going to be your work-horse and do 20-30 large yards a week. I have a couple of 36 Bob-cats, but you know what, that 33 inch white is still running like a champ and I use it for a few smaller yards when I need to mulch instead dis-charging into flower beds and such. It's hands down, the best mulching mower I ever seen.

ProMo
07-15-2002, 05:44 PM
sounds like white mower would be ugly after a few greasy handprints when it starts to fall apart