PDA

View Full Version : Garden Pump sprayer to apply?

KBW
04-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Will a pump sprayer work to apply Fluid film? Thinking of trying this in a small sprayer, one that I use to apply weed killer etc...

Dano50
04-22-2007, 08:32 PM
To be honest, it's not going to work very well. Fluid Film is about the viscosity of a house paint in its bulk form, so paint sprayers work best to apply. You could also apply by brushing or rolling on.

You could try diluting it with vegetable oil, and trying that way.

General Landscaping
04-23-2007, 12:01 AM
I've seen concrete sealer sprayers that are good to 25% solids.

doctordun
08-20-2007, 09:17 PM
The website show a non-aerasol product that uses a sprayer like what you would find on any household cleaning product. Is that using a special type of Fluid film or could I get that and use a gallon can to refill?

Dano50
08-21-2007, 11:08 AM
That is a customized Sure Shot Sprayer. We've received some complaints about their effectiveness, though, and are thinking of pulling them from the website. We actually recommend using a paint-type sprayer, like a Wagner to spray Fluid Film in bulk.

doctordun
08-21-2007, 11:29 AM
This is what I'm refering to:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa275/doctordun/CAT0114-250.jpg

Dano50
08-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Aah, now I get you. Personally, I don't think they work very well. Fluid Film is just too thick in its bulk form to effectively spray through that can. If you want to try thinning Fluid Film to make it more sprayable, you could use a small amount of vegetable oil and see how that works.

Sweet Tater
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Dumb question time.... What on earth would you use that much Fluid Film for in one application?

doctordun
08-28-2007, 09:51 PM
I have read that it takes 4 to 6 oz's to spray the underside of a commercial deck. A couple mowers and 1 can is done. I just ordered 6 cans, since I only have one mower. I do wonder how often I will have to apply it, to help with grass clipping removal.

Dano50
08-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Well, the more you apply it the better it will work. I would think that after a while you will have a good build-up in the metal and won't have to apply as often. In our tank coatings, we had a piece of steel cut out of a ballast tank where Fluid Film had been applied and it had seeped deep into the metal.

Other areas for bulk application: Vehicle undercoating, plow blades, heavy equipment for shipping and storage, etc...