PDA

View Full Version : Shurflo SRS 600 sprayer problems

firedude26
04-22-2007, 02:49 PM
I pulled out my sprayer yesterday that i bought late last year and only used twice, and the battery was dead so icharged it for 3 hours and no luck, i tested it and it is bad.? also the connector from the battery to the pump is very sensitive it has to pushed together and tied to keep connection. I was wondering if anyone had one and was having any problems with them?

thanks

Rob

indyturf
04-22-2007, 03:01 PM
If the battery was left in a unheated building it probably froze and is not going to take a charge.

RigglePLC
04-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Maybe it is poor connections. Clean up and rewire with bare metal connections. Coat with silicone rubber or hot glue. The inexpensive garden tractor batteries are $20 at Home Depot. Get one.

firedude26
04-22-2007, 06:00 PM
connections are like new. just bad. battery was in heated barn.

firedude26
04-23-2007, 10:07 PM
I called them this morning and they said send it back and they will either fix or ship new one.

:rolleyes:

lawnservice
04-24-2007, 06:18 PM
we've had nothing but problems with those things

americanlawn
04-24-2007, 06:55 PM
We have nine of them. All are now one year old. The gun that comes with them quickly shells out. "Sprayer Specialties" gave us new TeeJet guns, and since then, we have had no probs.

NOTE: Always relieve the pressure after each use, otherwise the lines can collapse. This happened to one of our units, but it was our employee's fault...not the sprayer. It was an easy fix.

Also: get rid of the cone nozzles that comes with them. Use flat fan nozzles.

We love these sprayers. $170 each + shipping on ebay. Locally = $200 plus tax, no shipping.

PR Fect
06-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Hey fire dude, how did you come out with your sprayer? I have one of the two we own doing just what you say yours did. I got it narrowed down too the "Y" connector on the battery. Like yours the sprayer was only used a few times, its our back up. The other one we have used for years. Did go threw a pump on that one. We spot spray speedzone with that unit. But by switching that wire harness with the coaxial end on the new unit with the old sprayer we were able to make the new sprayer work. That "Y" harness is a odd fellow. Can not seem to find it any where else but from shurflow. It seems like a pain to send hole unit back for warranty. PR

firedude26
06-26-2008, 04:08 PM
they shipped me a new unit out, been working great!!!

PR Fect
06-26-2008, 04:28 PM
they shipped me a new unit out, been working great!!!

Who paid shipping? Did it take long?

turfman07
06-26-2008, 11:39 PM
there is a fuse on top of the battery. the crimp connections on the fuse holder were not making good connection. that is the only problem i have had so far. i have had it about a year now.

humble1
06-27-2008, 12:49 AM
If the battery was left in a unheated building it probably froze and is not going to take a charge.

what i thought

firedude26
06-27-2008, 09:34 AM
not sure on time but they sent the shipping stuff out, free for me

PR Fect
06-27-2008, 01:21 PM
there is a fuse on top of the battery. the crimp connections on the fuse holder were not making good connection. that is the only problem i have had so far. i have had it about a year now.

Thanks, I will double check that.

Ric
06-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Yo

I finally got around to ordering a shurflo SRS 600 yesterday evening. $ 162.95 plus 16.95 shipping and $ 1.00 pay pal. I plan to put it on a Golf bag 2 wheeled cart and pull it around. Shipping weight is 19 pounds then add 4 gallons of water @ 8.33 lb each and I am looking at 50 pounds to strap on my 125 lb back all day long.

I plan to use this first one for selective spot weed control. If it works out I will be buying more for different applications.

heritage
06-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Yo

I finally got around to ordering a shurflo SRS 600 yesterday evening. $ 162.95 plus 16.95 shipping and $ 1.00 pay pal. I plan to put it on a Golf bag 2 wheeled cart and pull it around. Shipping weight is 19 pounds then add 4 gallons of water @ 8.33 lb each and I am looking at 50 pounds to strap on my 125 lb back all day long.

I plan to use this first one for selective spot weed control. If it works out I will be buying more for different applications.

Ric,

I am 6', 200 lbs and Fit, and I only fill to 2 Gal Mark for Spot Spray. Pump on setting #1.

I like this Sprayer for Spot Spray.

Enjoy yours too :)

Pete

Ric
06-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Ric,

I am 6', 200 lbs and Fit, and I only fill to 2 Gal Mark for Spot Spray. Pump on setting #1.

I like this Sprayer for Spot Spray.

Enjoy yours too :)

Pete

Pete

I am not in bad shape at all and in perfect health. Most people guess me in my early 50's and I am 67 years old. Gregory has seen me in person and I am sure he will tell you I don't look or act my age. But why make a job harder than it should be?? My neighbor found the Golf Cart at a garage sale for $ 2.00 at my request. I can fill all 4 gallons and still not break a sweat pulling it around a yard. As a little guy, I have always tried to use my head instead of my back.

heritage
06-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Pete

I am not in bad shape at all and in perfect health. Most people guess me in my early 50's and I am 67 years old. Gregory has seen me in person and I am sure he will tell you I don't look or act my age. But why make a job harder than it should be?? My neighbor found the Golf Cart at a garage sale for $ 2.00 at my request. I can fill all 4 gallons and still not break a sweat pulling it around a yard. As a little guy, I have always tried to use my head instead of my back.

Well Ric,

I will have to use my head more than.

I will try the Golf Cart Idea too.

Pete

Ric
07-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Yo

UPS Delivered my new SRS 600 today. Interesting enough I had just checked the UPS website to see it was on schedule. 1/2 hour after I got it, I got an Email saying it was delivered.

Battery directions are always wise to follow. So I can't play with it until tomorrow after a 24 hour battery charge. It looks good and I think it will work for me. But right after I check it out a New wand is in order. I don't like the wand in any way shape or form. Mostly the nozzle and short length is my objection. I will need to lengthen the hose also for my Pull around Golf Bag Cart to work easy. The weight of the package was enough to convince me I need the Golf Bag Cart. I won't make any changes until I have checked out the sprayer completely.

I plan to use this to spot treat Crab Grass, Torpedo Grass, Black Medic and Beggar weed. What I really like is I can do this from my 27 MPG step side Ranger Splash and not my 10 MPG Cab Over or my 14 MPG F 250. I have a older 25 gallon tank that will be used as a nurse tank with a small bilge pump. But most fill ups will be done from the customers outside hose. Since most all my yards are 3 to 5 K I doubt I will use a lot of water from the customers. When all is done and said I plan to be right at a gallon a Thousand calibration. I will work this out with PSI and tip size.

gregory
07-03-2008, 10:34 PM
ric, what wand are you thinking about using..i am not all that impressed with the wand that comes with the unit....

Ric
07-04-2008, 12:01 AM
ric, what wand are you thinking about using..i am not all that impressed with the wand that comes with the unit....

Karl

Tractor Supply carries a Tee Jet Wand for about $ 17.00. What I want is a Tee Jet flat fan nozzle tip. The Tee Jet wand will take that Tip.

You have seen me more than once. At 5' 5" 125 lbs and 67 years old, carrying the SRS 600 with 4 gallons is not a all day job I would feel good about. I will try 2 gallon because the SRS 600 does feel good empty on my back. Like all new equipment I will first use it as designed before making any changes.

Ric
07-04-2008, 12:01 AM
OPPS Double post Please delete

Karl

Tractor Supply carries a Tee Jet Wand for about $ 17.00. What I want is a Tee Jet flat fan nozzle tip. The Tee Jet wand will take that Tip.

You have seen me more than once. At 5' 5" 125 lbs and 67 years old, carrying the SRS 600 with 4 gallons is not a all day job I would feel good about. I will try 2 gallon because the SRS 600 does feel good empty on my back. Like all new equipment I will first use it as designed before making any changes.

gregory
07-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Karl

i might go by tractor supply and check that wand out....

yeah you not a very big guy you fill that thing up with 4 gallons of water it will weigh almost as much as you...i don't have that much of a problem with it on my back but there is a big size difference and age difference between me and you....

Ric
07-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Gregory

I got a chance to try out my SRS 600 yesterday during the neighborhood BBQ. Our pond was due weed control and the neighbor's kid drove the trolling motor. The Tank part worked fine, But the spray tip sucked. I changed tips after the first tank full, But was then left with no angle and had to point the wand directly at the target. The gun it's self is not bad just too short a wand and bad spray tip set up. I think it will be easier to change out the whole wand than to fool with the original.

BTW I also strapped the whole 4 gallon on my back and was rather surprised at how good it felt. I can see using it as a back pack for smaller jobs, but I don't want to carry it all day long. Since I plan to use it for spot spraying weeds in every customers yard in the next week or two, It should get a real work out. I think I will be giving it the real test and see how long it lasts. The directions say it was designed to spray a minute on and a minute off. I believe I will be 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off between houses.