PDA

View Full Version : Shin One Oil...necessary??

jqlawn
04-22-2007, 02:13 PM
I just purchased a Shindaiwa EB-8510 backpack blower. The dealer told me to make sure I used Shin One oil to keep the warranty valid. But, from my readings one this site it appears that over time my blower will begin to run rough because Shin One is not a premium oil. It appears that Tanaka oil is a better quality oil.

Personally, the "don't use any oil but Shin One" seems like hype from Shindaiwa so you'll be forced to buy their oil...but I don't want to void my warranty...then again how could they tell if I used something different??

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
04-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Sure itz hype i never have saw any problems in years with ope.

ed2hess
04-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Why go look for another brand of two cycle oil:confused:

extremerc76
04-22-2007, 07:46 PM
i use the cheapest two stroke oil i can get my hands on, they are all the same just with different labels and prices on them.
not only that how will the dealer ever know what type oil you used unless you tell him
:laugh:

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
04-22-2007, 08:24 PM
I will stay with major brands of two stroke oil,now we are running the max oil got a deal on several cases,less than a buck for 2 and a half gallon mix the six pack of shin oil is 10 bucks.

ed2hess
04-22-2007, 09:39 PM
i use the cheapest two stroke oil i can get my hands on, they are all the same just with different labels and prices on them.
not only that how will the dealer ever know what type oil you used unless you tell him
:laugh:

The two stroke oil is probably the most significant factor in keeping these little engines running for a long period. And with the higher temperatures they are running I can't image using some off brand:hammerhead:

CLARK LAWN
04-22-2007, 10:16 PM
all oil must pass the same tests and if the dealer tells you that you must use a spacific type of oil to keep warrenty tell them that there is a fedral law that says they must provide it free of charge.