PDA

View Full Version : Pneumatic Mole

Wells
04-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Does anybody on here own their own pneumatic air mole? I'm looking at possibly purchasing one this season and then subbing out to other sprinkler companies that need to cross sidewalks and driveways.

There seems to be a big need for driveway bores as nobody thinks about installing sleeves before the driveways are poured. It always becomes an after thought for most people and I see an opportunity to capitolize on their failure to think ahead. I already have the compressor just need the mole.

Anyways, for those that own a air mole what brand do you recommend and what is the average price? I'm looking at purchasing the 2" mole, possibly the Hammerhead Mole.

JB926
04-22-2007, 04:35 PM
i have a ditch witch 2.5" air mole. Works great when it dosent come up through the street. Really must dig deep to set the mole properly. I am thinking of getting a 1" or 1.5" cause the 2.5" seems to displace too much ground and creates a bump when not deep enough. Paid like 4K new I think

Mdirrigation
04-23-2007, 08:41 AM
I have 3 a 2 inch a 2.5 and a 3.5 inch. The 2 is great for sidewalks going thru beds , i use the 2.5 for under drives because it will allow a 1.5 inch pvc sleeve . The 3.5 inch I dont use that often . If you are going to get only 1 mole I would suggest the 2.5 inch .