PDA

View Full Version : 17hp Kawasaki wiring help needed.

Lksd Lawn
04-22-2007, 02:58 PM
hi Guys first post and of course Its for some help...lol....great site

I have a 48in scag hydro w.b mower and I am replacing the engine with the same engine but only a electric start.

Its a 17ho FH500V-AS15 engine electric start. It has a Green wire( which I assume is coming from the coil) and 2 white wires connected with a "flat connector" coming from it as well.

I was wondering if someone has a diagram on how to hook this up. Not so much a scag diagram but how to hook it up to run pretty much from the engine to the voltage regulator and the battery. Where the wires go etc.
After I get the engine wired, I can hook up the rest of the scag wires I think pretty easily.
So I guess what I am asking here is help on wiring the engine part itself. lol.

Thanks for the replies in advance!!!

Andy

Restrorob
04-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Welcome to LawnSite Andy !

Think I got Ya covered... :cool:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/Restrorob/FH500VWireDiagram.jpg

pugs
04-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Dont mean to sound harsh...but your new engine should have come with an owners manual. And in that owners manual is basically the same diagram that Restrorob posted....

Lksd Lawn
04-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Nice!!! Thanks RestroRob!!!!

Gonna put it together now...

Let you know How I did!!!!

Thanks Again~

Lksd Lawn
04-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Dont mean to sound harsh...but your new engine should have come with an owners manual. And in that owners manual is basically the same diagram that Restrorob posted....

Got it off line and didnt download the manual in time. Tulsa Engines dont give you a manual unless you download it online only, and when you live in the boondocks like I do, and you dont have access to dsl or any high speed internet then its a *****. So when everytime I would try to download it, It wouldnt. I know the manual comes with most mowers and engines. If I had the manual I wouldn't of asked. I'm pretty sure I would of looked at the manual first before I asked.........
Thanks