PDA

View Full Version : Need Help ASAP!!!!!!

ParkerLawn
04-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Here is what I have: 1 Hadco 600 watt transformer with 4 COMM inputs and 11, 12, 13 tap in box. I have 5 wellytes that are 20 watt bulbs setup in the T method to the 3rd fixture and my run connected at COMM 1 and 12v tap. On the other side of house I have the same setup but connected to COMM 2 in 12v tap. Then I have 3 bullytes with 35 watt MR16 setup with T method to middle fixture and my run connected at COMM 3 12v tap. The problem I am having is 1 side of house with the 5 wellytes is going out entirely. All my fixtures read 12 and I have checked my lines and see no problems. I have no idea what to do from here. Please let me know aht I can do from here.
Thanks.

NightScenes
04-22-2007, 10:48 PM
How long does it stay on before it goes out? What kind of connection are you using? How far away are these fixtures from the transformer?

ParkerLawn
04-22-2007, 11:40 PM
I am using waterproof connectors at each connection and the nearest fixture on any run to transformer is approx. 15 feet. They were on for about 3-4 days before I got the call they were out. The bulbs are shot, so I need to figure something out so I don't go through anymore bulbs. Any suggestions on a fix I am willing to try.

NightScenes
04-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Replace the 20 watt PAR lamps! These things are garbage. Either replace them with 35 watt lamps or change the fixtures to MR16 type. I no longer use par fixtures because of this very thing. I had two very big projects that I used 20 watt par lamps on. More than 3/4 of them were out in a week. Replaced the lamps and some of them blew out in my hand. Replaced them with 35 watt lamps and didn't have any more problems.

It looks like you have plenty of room on your transformer for the higher wattage lamps. The only problem would be the effect of the brighter lamps and you can adjust them so they don't appear so "hot".

Good luck and throw those 20 watt par lamps in the garbage!!

Mike M
04-25-2007, 10:26 PM
I attempted to order three 20 watt PAR lamps, and Dennis at Florida Outdoor Lighting told me they were junk and had lots of problems with them!

I went with the 36 watts.

There is no way my local distributors would have known that kind of stuff.

Mike.

PS: I'll upload some pic's of my first install soon.

ParkerLawn
04-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Appreciate the input and I went and replaced with 36 watt and so far so good.

NightScenes
04-26-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm glad we got that taken care of.