PDA

View Full Version : cub cadet ztr spinning tires

greenways
04-22-2007, 11:31 PM
I have new turf savers on my 50" ztr cub cadet that keep spinning up grass when turning or going up some hills. I let some air out to see if that would help, but not much. Someone told me that I could have some liquid put in them to give them more weight. Does anyone know anything about this?

fly-4-fun
04-23-2007, 08:49 AM
You might could stop at a tire store that sells tractor tires. They should have
the equipment to put the ballast in your tires. That is the easy way, or you could do it yourself. Jack up the rear of the mower, let the air out of the tires, put the valve stem at 12 o'clock, remove the valve core, attach a rubber hose over the valve stem, using a funnel on the other end of the hose, pour in a mixture of 50-50 water and anti-freeze until you can get no more in the tire. Remove the hose, replace valve core and inflate to correct pressure. It takes a while, but you can do it yourself.

greenways
04-24-2007, 01:41 AM
what is the purpose of the antifreeze?

fly-4-fun
04-24-2007, 06:33 PM
You don't want the water in the tires to freeze in the winter do you ???

MowerMedic77
04-24-2007, 08:12 PM
what is the purpose of the antifreeze?

:laugh: So you don't overheat the tires as they spin out in the grass:laugh:

Sorry I know it adds no informative value to the post but it was the 1st thing that came to mind after reading it.

How fast are you turning? Does it do it even in a slower turn?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
04-25-2007, 09:12 AM
You may also want to check the pressure of the front tires. If they are not equal, Your ztr's back tires will not have proper weight displacement...thus causing a traction problem.

greenways
04-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Hopefully got problem solved thanks to all of your help