PDA

View Full Version : You guys negotiate prices at a trailer dealer?

Ramairfreak98ss
04-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Just wondering, im looking for a dump trailer and an open 2nd landscape trailer. They want $2,499 for the open 16' landsape with some small mesh sides and $6,849 for the 14k dump body trailer. Granted both are nice quality, but ive seen TONS online, new all around the US for much less. The closest thing i found online was in michigan, new from a trailer dealer, almost same exact specs, but different brand of course, $1,749 buy it now... So why is my local dealer wanting $750 MORE?

I see dump trailers in this class for $5-6k all over and yet again, $6849? common, This will be the 3rd big trailer ive bought from them, but they sell tons and still im not treated any more special than the next guy...:confused:

TriPLandscaping
04-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I am also looking into a open landscape trailer. I called about 15 trailer dealers. I am looking for a 6.5x16 brakes one axle 7000gvw. The lowest price I got was $1,499 and went all the way up to 2300. Those prices are 6.5x16 brakes one axle and 7000gvw. I even went to the trailer dealer where i bought two truck caps, and my present trailer and asked if they could cut my a deal(they want 2300 for the trailer) They said they would have to talk to the owner but they doubt it. I also called a dealer called leonard truck and trailer, they say they are the biggest trailer dealer in ohio. The guy I talked to souded very professional and was very interested in his sale. His price was 1599. I think i can work on the price with this guy. I think if you find a bigger trailer dealer you can get a deal specailly if you are going to purchase both trailers.
Hope this helps.

McKeeLand
04-23-2007, 10:38 PM
what type of trialers and where are you buying from?

justanotherlawnguy
04-24-2007, 12:03 AM
I have found that with most trailer dealers around here the price is the price. Even with used trailers, they still go for alot of money.

I recently bought a new dump, after waiting for the whole winter/spring trying to find a used one. People just snap them up so quick. I have sold 2 open trailers before and they were sold within a week of putting them up for sale.

When I bought the dump, the guy told me I was buying it at a good time cause come Hurricane season, the price goes up $500...

There is just too much demand for any kind of trailer down here.....

AintNoFun
04-24-2007, 05:49 AM
i have bought probably 6 or 7 trailers from my dealer i think they most they've ever taken off was like $200 on 2500 or $3000, and they acted like i was getting the trailer for free...

nobagger
04-24-2007, 06:57 AM
I got my trailer at cost....a friend of mine sells them. In fact he has a screamin' deal on one now.....18ft enclosed w/full 4ft V nose, over-all lenght is 22+ft has a heavy duty rear ramp door, side door, vents, heavy duty flooring etc. he wants 5400.00 ITS BRAND NEW!!!! Pm me if interested.

GreenN'Clean
04-24-2007, 07:41 AM
I just picked up a new 6.5 x 14 for $1200.00 yesterday

SimonCX
04-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Just wondering, im looking for a dump trailer and an open 2nd landscape trailer. They want $2,499 for the open 16' landsape with some small mesh sides and $6,849 for the 14k dump body trailer. Granted both are nice quality, but ive seen TONS online, new all around the US for much less. The closest thing i found online was in michigan, new from a trailer dealer, almost same exact specs, but different brand of course, $1,749 buy it now... So why is my local dealer wanting $750 MORE?

I see dump trailers in this class for $5-6k all over and yet again, $6849? common, This will be the 3rd big trailer ive bought from them, but they sell tons and still im not treated any more special than the next guy...:confused:

Try hecht trailers in toms river I've found there prices were better then most of the dealers in the area and they have alot in stock.