PDA

View Full Version : Wanna have some fun?

SprinklerGuy
04-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Got to a big box store on a Saturday and listen in on the advice given by the "irrigation aisle guy"....you know the guy who was in appliances yesterday?

Idiots...and these poor sappy h/owners eat it up like it is gospel.......

I think a guy could create a ton of business for himself by waiting in the wings and handing his biz card to everyone of those poor bastages...

1cooltreeguy
04-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Got to a big box store on a Saturday and listen in on the advice given by the "irrigation aisle guy"....you know the guy who was in appliances yesterday?

Idiots...and these poor sappy h/owners eat it up like it is gospel.......

I think a guy could create a ton of business for himself by waiting in the wings and handing his biz card to everyone of those poor bastages...

I do not think you can create a ton of biz from these people. They are in Home Cheapo because they are Cheapos. They would have called someone if they wanted to pay for it. LOL:laugh: :laugh:

SprinklerGuy
04-23-2007, 07:39 AM
In all the times I've bothered to butt in on these conversations with my company shirt on....I have gotten some work.

They are cheapos...but when they get done trying to loosen the PVB from with the monkey wrench...even thought it is soldered on both sides...they will call....

Ton of biz maybe not.....few hundred lbs of biz...I bet you could. ;)

DanaMac
04-23-2007, 07:41 AM
I think I posted this story once before, but here goes....

I gave a bid once to repair a system installed by a guy that taught the free irrigation install class at Home Depot. System tapped into the 1/2" copper, no drain between shut off and PVB, no manifold drain, zones stretched. So it needed new 3/4" tap run an extra 30 feet so the shut off isn't in the ceiling, replace cracked PVB and copper, replace manifold and valves and add drain, split 3 zones to 6, add new wire and timer to accommodate more zones. My price was a lot more than she had paid for the initial install. Do you think I got the job? heck no.

DanaMac
04-23-2007, 07:43 AM
I hate wearing my company shirt in there, because I don't want everyone asking me for advice. And I don't want tons of the typical DIY customers.

Ground Master
04-23-2007, 09:31 AM
We all ought to sit in on the install class.............and learn the depot way

Just think of all the questions we could ask.............

bobw
04-23-2007, 10:47 AM
We all ought to sit in on the install class.............and learn the depot way

Just think of all the questions we could ask.............

Thank you for my morning chuckle.....:D