PDA

View Full Version : Equipment

vtcode3
04-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Any ideas on what would be a good lawn tractor to purchase?

vtcode3
04-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Any ideas on what would be a good lawn tractor to purchase?

Talking about buying my first tractor to start my business and not to sure and what a good model is to buy.

Lynden-Jeff
04-23-2007, 06:15 PM
http://www.wheatfarm.com/actractor/images/IMAGE1.jpg

Good old allis chalmers. Really your question is like asking what kind of bread you should buy, how do we know unless we know more about the situation.

vtcode3
04-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Well i am starting out as of right now with 5 lawns a week that i am doing. They are mainly residential, and 2 are 1.5 acres, and the others are smaller lawns. I am also trimming, and brush hogging and a few other things. :usflag:

Grits
04-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Why a lawn tractor as a main mower? They are slow. Is there a commercial lawn tractor?

vtcode3
04-23-2007, 07:38 PM
yeah but why spend that kind of money for one of those mowers. I am not doing a lot of lawns right now till i get my name out there. you know what i mean.

LindblomRJ
04-23-2007, 07:46 PM
If you are insistant on a lawn tractor older john deere or X500 or up. They start at $5000 and However you can buy a walkbehind mower that is far more productive than a tractor for $1500 on up for a used that has plenty of life left. A new Quick 36 seems to be the best value for a brand new commercial grade mower.

CutsForLess
04-23-2007, 09:05 PM
For the kind of money you are talking about spending you should be able to get a good commercial grade mower, I found out from experience that commercial is the only way to go if you ever plan on expanding your business, a home model anything will not hold up. You will be replacing bearings, and numerous other parts on a regular basis. I still have my lawn tractor I started with but only for my wife to mow the yard with, everything has been replaced at one time or another.

CutsForLess
04-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Down time in this business is a killer, or for me it is because of my scheduling. My schedule is full everyday I am off and if my mower is down I spend a week working 16 hour days playing catch up.