PDA

View Full Version : Chevy squeaking Problems..

02DURAMAX
04-23-2007, 05:24 PM
I have a squeaking problem with my 02 Silverado 2500HD Allison/Duramax......I don't know where it's from but it seems to be from the drive shaft or the U-Joints....:confused: :confused:....Can anybody help me And Has anyone else had a problem like this??

Thanks in advance..

Sydenstricker Landscaping
04-23-2007, 07:02 PM
My 2000 just went through that. It was the rear u-joints. They were bone dry and some of the needles were gone. So your best bet will be to a) check and see if there are any grease fittings on the u-joints and grease the heck outa them b) get them replaced

02DURAMAX
04-23-2007, 10:16 PM
My 2000 just went through that. It was the rear u-joints. They were bone dry and some of the needles were gone. So your best bet will be to a) check and see if there are any grease fittings on the u-joints and grease the heck outa them b) get them replaced

I sprayed some WD-40 on the front and back U-joints and they stopped squeaking for a little bit but them they start again......&& they dont have zerk fittings on the so i called the dealer to ask for the price on them and they said their $97.78 each one:dizzy: :dizzy:....i'm going to buy them from some other place and replace them tomorrow.....

Thanks for the help!!

04-23-2007, 10:59 PM
I got greaseable u-joints from napa autoparts. They were 25 bucks each. 97dollars a piece is rediculous!!!! Just be sure not to get any dirt inside of the caps or lose a needle bearing, or you are screwed and have to go buy a new one. After you install them, give a good shot of grease, then lube them roughly every 3000 miles. Good luck!!

twj721
04-23-2007, 11:52 PM
does this truck have a swing bearing in the drive line some where it could be that and not a u joint

02DURAMAX
04-24-2007, 12:37 AM
I got greaseable u-joints from napa autoparts. They were 25 bucks each. 97dollars a piece is rediculous!!!! Just be sure not to get any dirt inside of the caps or lose a needle bearing, or you are screwed and have to go buy a new one. After you install them, give a good shot of grease, then lube them roughly every 3000 miles. Good luck!!

I went to Advance Auto Parts and bought some new ones with zerk fittings for only $10.88 each one.:) :)..&& a one year replacement...

Thanks alot for the help...:usflag:

04-24-2007, 07:27 AM
I went to Advance Auto Parts and bought some new ones with zerk fittings for only $10.88 each one.:) :)..&& a one year replacement...

Thanks alot for the help...:usflag:

You are most welcome!!!!!:waving: :usflag: