PDA

View Full Version : Edger

devnuts
04-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Anyone have experience with sears gas powered edgers? Looking at buying a new edger and wondered how the Sears compared?

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
04-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Electric or gas,don't think it will hold up but thatz your money.

american dream
04-23-2007, 07:41 PM
buy the best you can afford it will pay off in the long run.

lawnspecialties
04-23-2007, 09:24 PM
If you're talking about the walk-behind Craftsman edgers with the Briggs engines, I bought one for around $300 four or five years ago and I bet it has less than three hours on it.

Do the math to see how much I like it.:nono:

jqlawn
04-23-2007, 10:42 PM
I have a Craftsman edger that I've had for 11 years and it still keeps chugging along. It has not required anything, but normal maintenance. The ON/OFF switch died 2 years ago, but thats it. It usually cranks on the third or fourth pull which is more than I can say for my Craftsman 32cc trimmer...I HATE THIS TRIMMER! I gonna replace it with a Shindaiwa t242 0r t2510.

The edger has only seen "homeowner" duty, but for some reason I doubt that it'll stand up to the rigors of daily use.

green horizons
04-24-2007, 10:32 PM
I can't imagine using ANY walk-behind edger DAILY. I suspect that the gas powered Craftsman would last many years for the responsible owner. I just can't imagine using a walk-behind edger very many hours per year.... I'd invest in a stick edger and, when absolutely needed, rent a walk-behind. Unlike many, I have nothing against Craftsman. I suppose if you're installing invisible dog fencing all day, every day, you might want to upgrade. If you're edging turf a few times each spring, well.... buy a stick edger.